Find the best holiday insurance for Egypt with a single trip or annual multi-trip policy for European travel. Book online or call our helpline for free
Travelling to Egypt? We provide comprehensive cover
Travelling to Egypt is easy and secure thanks to worldwide travel insurance for Egypt with Holiday Extras. When youre gazing awe-struck at pyramids, or exploring the edges of the Great Sand Sea, its important to have cover in place for unforeseen medical expenses, and to ensure that your belongings are protected. Our comprehensive travel insurance also provides cancellation cover, minimising the risk to your trip.
Choosing your travel insurance provider
Our Egypt cover is actually classified as a European policy instead of Worldwide, and when you book Egypt travel insurance with Holiday Extras you receive our comprehensive cover, and brilliant customer service. There are three policy levels to choose from:
- Basic cover includes £500 cancellation cover per person, £1,500 baggage cover, and £1 million for medical expenses.
- Standard cover provides £1,000 per person in cancellation cover, £1,500 for your baggage, and £2 million for medical costs.
- Premium cover offers £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £1,500 for baggage, and £5 million of medical cover.
Annual policies are available to everyone living at the same address and cover multiple trips during the year. They offer the same protection level as our Premium cover, and individuals under the policy can travel separately. Any children under age 18 will be covered for free when travelling with an adult policyholder, and if you refer a friend to us well reward you with a ten per cent discount.
Booking your policy
You can book your policy online or by telephone, simply fill in our quote form above or ring our UK-based call centre for FREE to make a payment.
Advice for travelling to Egypt
Currency - Change your holiday money to the Egyptian pound. Its easiest to do so in advance, or at banks, foreign exchange bureaus and some hotels in Egypt. Be sure to hold onto your spare change its difficult to come by in Egypt and is handy for tips.
Your flight - The flight to Egypt is quite long so take regular walks up and down the aisle. This helps keep you comfortable and can prevent deep vein thrombosis.
Visas - UK visitors can obtain a visa from the Egyptian embassy, or on arrival at the Egyptian airport.
Things to do in Egypt
- Delve into history by visiting the Valley of the Kings.
- Cruise down the Nile, and see Egypt from the comfort of a luxury ship.
- Venture into the Western Desert to find hidden gems like the oasis villages of Bahariya, Farafra, Dakhla and Kharga.
- Explore Cairo, a bustling city with plenty of personality.
- Tour the Great Pyramids of Giza, and then visit the nearby Sphinx the symbol of Egypt.