Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive and affordable travel insurance cover for under 18s with prices starting from just *
Children's Travel Insurance
Have you been looking for the great value children's travel insurance, but aren't sure how to go about buying for under 18s?
At Holiday Extras, we've got comprehensive child-only policies for children ages two and up, so if your child is travelling alone or with you, you can book a quality travel insurance policy most suited to their needs.
It can seem like a daunting task, sieving through multiple travel insurance providers to find the cheapest deal. It might be among a thousand other things on an ever-growing to-do list.
Children, Insurance and Holiday Extras
We're all about making things as straightforward for you as possible. We want to help ensure the whole family can enjoy less hassle and more holiday. With us, you don't have to worry about compromising quality for cost.
Both of our single trip and annual multi-trip policies offer flexible insurance for your children at a great price, giving you the choice of 4 different cover levels to get just the right protection required. While we don't have any lower or upper age limits on our single policies,** if you want to buy an annual policy for your child they must travel with an adult.
Types of Children's Travel Insurance cover available
We now sell children's travel insurance policies online rather than only over the telephone. Book online today!
Health Insurance for Children
We want to reduce travel-related stress as much as possible and having a medical condition shouldn't get in the way of your child's holiday.
If your child suffers from a pre-existing medical condition we can provide extra cover for them, as we cater for the vast majority of conditions. For more information please visit our travel insurance for children with medical conditions page, or contact a member of our team today.
- Tailored policies for customers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10 million in medical cover and up to £5000 in cancellation cover
- We will consider all medical conditions
- Policies with no excess available
Children travelling alone
You might wonder at what age children can legally travel alone and where this stands with insurance.
Children are able to travel independently on Single Trip policies with Holiday Extras. However, for Annual Multi-Trip policies, children or (under 18s) must travel with an adult. With both of our policies, we've made sure every child travel insurance policy is equipped with suitable levels of medical cover, lost luggage, cancellation and repatriation cover.
To make sure their journey runs smoothly, always ensure that children aged 17 and under are accompanied to their departure point by a responsible adult. We encourage to check the age resitrictions (if any) the company you are travelling with adopts. Check out our page on flying under 18 years of age.
Grandparents travelling with grandchildren
We realise that it's not just parents who want to take their family away. Grandparents often want to give mum and dad that much needed respite by taking their grandchildren on holiday. If you're a grandparent travelling with your grandchildren, then check out our page to give you all the relevant information you need.
Add-ons for children's travel insurance
If you feel that your child's trip requires a particular form of cover, there are a number of additional cover options available to add to their policy, from our specialised winter sports add-on. Our Platinum policy comes with gadget cover included as standard — perfect if your child is off on a school trip.
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No upper age limits single trip policies.**
- - Over 25 years of experience selling travel insurance.
How to book
To book online, or to get a quote, simply click below and consider the following information:
Location: Where are you going?
Date: When will you be going?
Money: The total cost of the holiday, including travel.
Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
Book online with us today
Travel advice for children on holiday
We'd also encourage you to visit our HX Blog. It's full of great travel advice for family travel. With a guest post from Claire Irvin and her top tips for travelling with children, advice on good quality children's luggage and a review on - Trunki luggage. There are also some ideas to keep the kids entertained on a road trip.
If you'd like some more tips and advice on travelling with the kids or inspiration for the next family holiday, check out our other pages below:
- Travelling with a baby
- Child travelling alone
- Top tips on flying with your children
- Flying with a toddler
- Tips for boating with babies and toddlers
- Travelling by train with your children
- Travelling with a child who has chickenpox
- Getting through the airport with your child
- Top childrens' holiday activities
- Keeping the kids occupied on car journeys
- How to keep your children safe on holiday
- How to deal with a jet-lagged child
- Can a child travel alone on a ferry?
- What destintions should I avoid with my baby?
- Travelling with children with different surnames
- Can children travel alone in a taxi?
- Flying with a baby
- Can children travel alone on a train?
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.