Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive travel insurance cover as an under-18 with policies starting from just *
Booking children's travel insurance
Have you been searching for the right children's travel insurance but are not sure the cover you need or how to go about booking for youngsters? At Holiday Extras we've got comprehensive levels of cover so if your child is travelling with you, you can book great value family travel insurance or single parent travel insurance, or if your child is travelling alone you can get the best holiday insurance they will need to give you peace of mind, and ensure the whole family can enjoy less hassle and more holiday!
Trying to find the best children's travel insurance policy to safeguard your holiday plans can seem like a daunting task and among a thousand other things on an ever-growing to-do list before take off! You'll probably be sieving through multiple travel insurance providers to find the cheapest deal. The good news for you is that at Holiday Extras, we're all about making things as straightforward and hassle-free for you as possible.
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible. Details can be found in the policy wording
Types of Children's Travel Insurance cover available
All of the travel insurance policy levels at Holiday Extras extend their cover to your children, so you can choose from four different cover levels to get just the right protection required for either a single trip or annual multi-trip policy (if on an adult's policy):
|Personal money, Passport,|
If you have problems deciding which level of cover is best for your family, you can contact our UK-based call centre for support.
Children travelling alone or with an adult
Whether your child is travelling alone or will be accompanied by an adult, we've made sure every child travel insurance policy is equipped with high levels of medical cover, lost luggage, cancellation and repatriation cover, all for just * per week.
We can take part of the worry away when your child is travelling alone by ensuring they have cover and giving you peace of mind at a great price with our child only travel insurance available with Bronze, Silver , Gold or Platinum levels of cover depending on their needs. Just be sure that all insured children aged 17 and under are accompanied to their departure point by a responsible adult.
There's also a 24-hour emergency UK based helpline on hand when you need it most for advice and support.
If you feel that your child's trip requires a particular form of cover, there are a number of additional cover options available to add to their policy, from our specialised winter sports add-on, to additional gadget cover insurance. Gadget and wedding cover is now included as standard in our Platinum level policies!
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
Travelling with a pre-existing medical condition?
- Tailored policies for customers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10 million in medical cover and up to £5000 in cancellation cover
- All medical conditions considered
- 'No excess' policies available
We don't want to make travelling with a medical condition any more stressful for yourself or for your children. Instead, we can provide extra cover for children that need it most. Please visit our holiday insurance for children with medical conditions page if you would like to find out more, or contact a member of our team today.
Travelling with children
We'd also encourage you to visit our HX Blog. It's full of great travel advice for family travel. With a guest post from Claire Irvin and her top tips for travelling with children, advice on the best children's luggage and a review on - Trunki luggage. There are also some ideas to keep the kids entertained on a road trip.
If you'd like some more tips and advice on travelling with the kids or inspiration for the next family holiday, check out our other pages below:
- Travelling with a baby
- Child travelling alone
- Top tips on flying with your children
- Flying with a toddler
- Tips for boating with babies and toddlers
- Travelling by train with your children
- Travelling with a child who has chickenpox
- Getting through the airport with your child
- Top childrens' holiday activities
- Keeping the kids occupied on car journeys
- How to keep your children safe on holiday
- How to deal with a jet-lagged child
- Can a child travel alone on a ferry?
- What destintions should I avoid with my baby?
- Travelling with children with different surnames
- Can children travel alone in a taxi?
- Flying with a baby
- Can children travel alone on a train?
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.