Big January Giveaway - Click Here For More Details
Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance for Children
Have you been looking for the great value children's travel insurance, but aren't sure how to go about buying for under 18s? It can seem like a daunting task — sieving through multiple travel insurance providers to find cheap travel insurance. It might be among a thousand other things on an ever-growing to-do list for your holiday.
At Holiday Extras, we've got great value, comprehensive travel insurance for children, providing cover for the UK, throughout Europe and locations worldwide. With Holiday Extras children's travel insurance, whether your child is travelling unaccompanied, with the rest of the family or on a school trip, you can rest assured that you have a quality travel insurance policy suited to their needs.
Why choose Holiday Extras for Children's Travel Insurance
- Tailored policies for customers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Our single trip policies have no minimum age limits**
- Up to £10 million in medical cover
- Up to £5,000 in cancellation cover
- Policies with no excess available
- Rated 'great' by Trustpilot
We're all about making travel insurance as straightforward for you as possible. We want to help ensure the whole family can enjoy less hassle and more holiday, without compromising quality for cost.
Both of our Single Trip and Annual travel insurance policies offer flexible cover for your children at a great price. With the choice of 4 different cover levels you can select just the right protection required. While we don't have any lower or upper age limits on our single policies, if you want to buy annual travel insurance for children they must travel with an adult and not independently.**
Compare children's travel insurance cover levels
When you book children's travel insurance you will have a choice of 4 varying cover levels. Below is a breakdown of what you are exactly covered for.
We now sell children's travel insurance policies online rather than only over the telephone.
Types of children's holiday insurance policies
Travel Insurance Families
We can insure the whole family, protected you while you're on your break. With our travel insurance for children and adults, our family travel insurance is available for 1 or 2 adults living at the same address, and at least 1 child (with a maximum of 5 children per policy).
Travel insurance for children with pre-existing medical conditions
We want to reduce travel-related stress as much as possible and having a medical condition shouldn't get in the way of your child's holiday.
If your child suffers from a pre-existing medical condition we can provide extra cover for them, as we cater for the vast majority of conditions. For more information please visit our travel insurance for children with medical conditions page, or contact a member of our team today.
Can children travel alone?
You might wonder at what age children can legally travel alone and where this stands with insurance.
Children are able to travel independently on Single Trip policies with Holiday Extras. However, for Annual Multi-Trip policies, children or (under 18s) must travel with an adult. With both of our policies, we've made sure every child travel insurance policy is equipped with suitable levels of medical cover, lost luggage, cancellation and repatriation cover.
To make sure their journey runs smoothly, always ensure that children aged 17 and under are accompanied to their departure point by a responsible adult. We encourage to check the age resitrictions (if any) the company you are travelling with adopts. Check out our page on flying under 18 years of age.
Grandparents travelling with grandchildren
We realise that it's not just parents who want to take their family away. Grandparents often want to give mum and dad that much needed respite by taking their grandchildren on holiday. If you're a grandparent travelling with your grandchildren, then check out our page to give you all the relevant information you need.
Add-ons for Children's Travel Insurance
If you feel that your child's trip requires a particular form of cover, there are a number of additional cover options available to add to their policy, from our specialised winter sports add-on. Our Platinum policy comes with gadget cover included as standard — perfect if your child is off on a school trip.
How to book Travel Insurance for Children
To book online, or to get a quote, simply click below and consider the following information:
- - Region: UK, Europe or Worldwide?
- - Date: When are you going?
- - Money: Total cost of the holiday.
- - Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
Travel advice for children going on holiday
If you'd like some more tips and advice on travelling with the kids or inspiration for the next family holiday, check out our other pages below:
- Travelling with a baby
- Child travelling alone
- Top tips on flying with your children
- Flying with a toddler
- Tips for boating with babies and toddlers
- Travelling by train with your children
- Travelling with a child who has chickenpox
- Getting through the airport with your child
- Top childrens' holiday activities
- Keeping the kids occupied on car journeys
- How to keep your children safe on holiday
- How to deal with a jet-lagged child
- Can a child travel alone on a ferry?
- What destintions should I avoid with my baby?
- Travelling with children with different surnames
- Can children travel alone in a taxi?
- Flying with a baby
- Can children travel alone on a train?
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.