3 days car hire from Athens Airport from only £10.14* per day.
Spread across hundreds of inhabited islands, Greece is a land of perpetual sunshine and picturesque sweeping shores. The perfect getaway for those looking to kick back and relax, Greece offers countless golden beaches, rural retreats and cuisine that attracts holiday makers from all over the world.
You'll not have to travel very far in Greece to find something to pass the time. Be it sampling the local delicacies, or drinking in a rich culture and history that not only changed Greece, but changed the world, you could spend a lifetime here and still find something new every day.
Our car hire comparison engine allows you to select the perfect vehicle and location for you, so you don't have to worry about securing car hire when you arrive, avoiding not only the hassle, but local rates and hidden charges that may arise.
3 steps to cheap car hire
- Search - fill out your details above and click search to compare
- Select - choose the car you want to hire
- Book - with our secure payment system
- Free Additional Driver with any Caldera rental for pickups (Valid until 31st March 2018)
Greece car rental locations
You can compare car hire at locations across Greece, including international airports. No matter where you need to pick up, you will find great deals for your next trip away. Popular locations include:
- Alexandroupolis Airport
- Athens - Kifissias Avenue
- Athens International Airport
- Chios Airport
How it Works
Once your payment has been authorised you will receive an email confirmation with your booking reference number. Keep all the information on your booking confirmation handy as you will need it along with your other documents when you collect the car at your destination. We also have a useful checklist to make sure you have everything you need before you set off.
If you're looking simply for transportation to your resort, Holiday Extras provides great deals on resort transfers. As well as this, you can take also out holiday insurance, giving you further peace of mind should you run into any unforeseen problems.
If you wish to speak to an advisor, you can contact our dedicated car hire team on 0800 804 7362. Alternatively you can email email@example.com with any queries you may have.
At Holiday Extras we want to make your trip as hassle free as possible, so you can hit the road happy. If you're flying from a UK airport; we could help you save up to 60% on airport parking, airport hotels and airport lounges, too.
*The prices quoted are based on one driver, aged 25, with a full UK driving licence hiring a car for 3 days, picking-up and dropping-off at Athens International Airport. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability.Top
Driving in Greece
There are few local laws that you may find useful when driving in Greece. This is a rough guide and should be used in conjunction with the terms and conditions stipulated by your car hire company, as well as your own research about driving laws in Greece.
- Left hand drive - Drive on the right-hand side of the road, overtake on the left.
- Minimum age to hire - Be at least 18. Under 25's may have to pay a young driver surcharge.
- Seatbelt - Greek law requires all car occupants to wear a seatbelt front and back. If a driver/passenger is exempt from wearing a seatbelt on medical grounds, they must provide a medical exemption certificate, translated into Greek as proof.
- Children - Children under 3 years must be place in a suitable child restraint. Children between 3 and 11 years old, less that 1.35m in height must be seated in the appropriate restraint for their size.
- Mobile phones - it is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving, unless using a handsfree kit or earphones.
- Regular roads - 90/110kph
- Motorways - 130kph
- Built up areas - 50kph
*These speed limits are the local standards, but always keep an eye out for road signs that may indicate a reduced speed limit.
Drinking and driving
It is prohibited to drive if the levels of alcohol in the blood or breath are above the admissible limit. The admissible limit in the blood is 0.25mg per litre of breath. If you amount of alcohol in the blood exceeds 0.05% or more, this is deemed a criminal offence and penalties will be exacted.
It is important to note that drinking alcohol and then driving may invalidate your car rental insurance, irrespective of local drink driving laws. Check your policy for full details.
A UK driving licence will allow you to drive in Greece, and you will not need an IDP - International Driving Permit.
Passport - You may also be required to carry another form of personal ID with you while driving.
*This information should be considered as a broad overview of things to remember when hiring a car. It is therefore very important that you read the rental terms and conditions and associated policies for your own specific policy as well as doing your own research into the motoring laws of the country in which you will be driving.Top