Bucharest Airport Transfers
Book your Bucharest Airport transfers and be in the city centre from as little as £11.88, with FREE cancellations*.
Bustling Bucharest is a European destination on the cusp of a tourism boom. The Romanian capital attracts visitors for its fascinating history, beautiful natural scenery and delicious (and cheap) food. Our airport transfers from Bucharest Airport pick you up at the terminal and take you to a range of destinations in the capital and beyond.
Transfers from Bucharest Airport
|Drop Off Destination||Transfer time||Price (per person)|
|Bucharest Airport-Bucharest city centre||70 mins||£11.88 (Shared Shuttle Bus)|
|Bucharest Airport-Ploiesti||50 mins||£23.88 (private car for 3 people)|
|Bucharest Airport-Pitesti||100 mins||£54.44 (private car for 3 people)|
|Bucharest Airport-Brasov||140 mins||£68.61 (private car for 3 people)|
|Bucharest Airport-Poiana Brasov||150 mins||£70.38 (private car for 3 people)|
|Bucharest Airport-Constanta||180 mins||£101.10 (private car for 3 people)|
|Bucharest Airport-Sibiu||4 hours 10 mins||£124.43 (private car for 3 people)|
Table prices are approximate and calculated on a per person basis.
How Do The Airport Transfers Work?
What happens once I've booked my airport transfer?
- Once you've used our fast and secure booking engine to organise your Bucharest Airport transfers, you can sit back and relax in the knowledge that the hard work has been done for you. You will receive an email confirmation, which you will need when you meet your transfer at the airport, so be sure to put it somewhere safe.
- When you arrive in Bucharest, wrestle your cases off of the baggage carousel and make your way to the arrivals hall.
- Keep an eye out for a person with your name on a big shiny board (just like in the movies). They will either be in the arrivals hall or at the designated desk, there will be full instructions will be on your confirmation.
- In fact, your confirmation has got all the details on it, so if in doubt, check it out.
Uh oh! My flight is delayed!
Delays are one of the lesser joys of travelling, but don't worry, we have a cunning plan just in case your plane gets held up en route. There is a contact number on your confirmation, if you give that number a call, you'll get through to your provider. They will then be able to let your driver know what's going on and ensure that your transfer will be waiting for you when you land.
When it's time to come home
All good things must come to an end and when it's time to say la revedere to Riga, your return to the airport is taken care of.
- Your email confirmation gives the time of your return transfer, which will pick you up outside of your accommodation.
- It's recommended that you're ready to go at least 15 minutes before your pick-up time, to ensure everything runs smoothly.
A Mini Guide To Bucharest
Bucharest was once known as the "Paris of the East". Although some of the pre-World War II opulence that earned the city this name has faded, the Romanian capital is still a charming destination, with an intriguing hotchpotch of architecture styles, warm and welcoming locals and a host of beautiful day trips within easy reach of the city.
Wandering through Bucharest is like taking a trip through history, where glorious art-deco villas stand side-by-side with dour communist era high rises. Every architectural style and influence is apparent here and the most impressive is the Romanian Parliament Building. To say that it is enormous is to understate the scale of it, it is the heaviest building in the world and a colossal landmark reminiscent of The Pentagon. If you want to escape to something a bit greener, you're in luck, Bucharest has many lush green parks and gardens, perfect for lazy afternoons basking in the sunshine.
A Day Out Fit For A King
Romania has far more than its fair share of castles. The most famous amongst them is Bran's Castle, the inspiration for Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'. Or if you prefer your castles with slightly fewer vampires, Pele's Castle near Sinaia is an unfathomably gorgeous neo-Renaissance gem in the Romanian countryside. Both are within easy reach of Bucharest on a day trip.
A choice of transfers
Holiday Extras offers a range of private transfers from Bucharest Airport. Each option drops you off right at the door of your accommodation, so there's no need to be dragging your case along charming cobbled streets searching for your hotel. Speaking of which, there's room for one suitcase per person, so plenty of space for all of your things.
Not all transfers are created equal, so we have trawled through providers to find you the best range of options at the best prices.
- If you're going solo in Romania, our shared shuttle buses are the cheapest transfer to get you from A to B with a no-frills, no-fuss service. You'll be sharing the ride with fellow travellers, so will take the scenic route to your accommodation. This is a great way to familiarise yourself with the city and even get a look at some of the sights on offer.
- If you're travelling alone or with a few friends, our private transfer cars are ideal. With space for three people, this is the most cost effective private transfer option for small groups.
- Too many people for a car? No worries, our private minibuses are the way to go. It works out at very reasonable per person prices and much easier than trying to organise multiple taxis.
Why book your transfer with Holiday Extras?
- We have been helping customers with the nitty-gritty bits of travel for 36 years. From insurance, to airport hotels to car hire, we've got the experience to make the whole process easy.
- Our booking system compares 1000's of airport transfer options with just one click.
- Our UK based call centre and helpline is available 24/7.
- The vehicles we use are of the highest standard, all under five years old and with air conditioning, perfect for those warm continental summer days.
- We are trusted by all of the world's leading travel companies.
If you need any help....
Our friendly team is always available to take your calls: phone-0871 360 2603 (calls cost 11p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.)
*Prices quoted based on one passenger, picking-up at Bucharest Henri Coonda International Airport (OTP) and dropping off in Bucharest city centre via a private minibus shared between 7 people. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top