Bilbao Airport Transfers
Book your cheap airport transfer from Bilbao Airport through Holiday Extras and from just £34.11, with FREE cancellations*.
Spain's verdant Basque country is a wild, beautiful destination for travellers looking for something a little different in the land of siestas and flamenco. The region's capital, Bilbao, makes for a fantastic city break, with awesome, world famous attractions and fantastic traditions and culture which is both very Spanish and something totally unique to the area. Our Bilbao Airport transfers offer private transfers to districts all over Bilbao city, and beyond to destinations such as San Sebastian, Pamplona and Durango.
If you want to see more of what this beautiful and diverse country has to offer, explore our other Spain Airport Transfers.
Transfers from Bilbao Airport
|Drop Off Destination||Transfer time||Price (per person)|
|Bilbao||35 mins||£34.11 (Private luxury car for 3 people)|
|Durango||25 mins||£28.51 (Private minibus for 9 people)|
|Barakaldo||20 mins||£35.01 (Private luxury car for 3 people)|
|Pamplona||1 hour 10 minutes||£91.83 (private car for 3 people)|
|San Sebastian||1 hour 20 minutes||£132.37 (private car for 3 people)|
How Do The Airport Transfers Work?
What happens once I've booked my airport transfer?
- Find and book your transfer from Bilbao Airport using our awesome booking engine (at the top of the page). It really does deserve the title of 'awesome' because it does all the leg work you, comparing 1000s of transfer options with the click of a button.
- You will receive an email confirmation, which you will need when you take your transfer, so print it off a pop it somewhere safe and take it with you when you travel.
- Sit back, relax and dream of Bilbao.
- No really, it's that easy!
At the Airport
- When you arrive in Bilbao, go and wrangle your bags off the luggage carousel and head on through to the arrivals hall.
- It is in the arrivals hall that you'll meet your driver. They'll either be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it, or at a designated desk. Either way, there are full instructions on your confirmation.
- Show or give your outward confirmation to the driver (keep hold of the return bit, you'll need it when you catch your transfer back to the airport.)
Uh oh! My flight is delayed!
Delays are one of the lesser joys of travelling, and we have a cunning plan just in case it happens to you. All you have to do is call the number on your confirmation and let your provider know what's going on, and they'll ensure that someone is waiting for you when you land.
When it's time to come home
All good things must come to an end and when it's time to say adios to Bilbao, your return to the airport is taken care of.
- Your email confirmation gives the time of your return transfer, which will pick you up outside of your accommodation.
- In most cases, your driver will aim to meet you outside of your accommodation, so all you have to do is drag your bags out of the door, into the car, and off you go.
- It's recommended that you're ready to go at least 15 minutes before your pick-up time, to ensure everything runs smoothly.
The northern region of Spain is often unfairly overlooked in favour of the heat and golden sands of the south. We're here to make a case for the Basque Country. Firstly, because Bilbao is less popular than say, Barcelona, you won't have to fight through hordes of other visitors to see and do things. Your holiday will have a much more chilled atmosphere because you'll be amongst the few, not the many. But don't be fooled by the lower footfall; Bilbao has got everything other places in Spain have got, and much more besides.
On the Beach
If you are a beach lover, Bilbao will not disappoint. Just a stone's throw from the city, and easy to reach but public transport, are some of the most beautiful beaches in the Basque Country. A trip to Plentzia beach or Gorliz Beach is not only a reason to catch some rays on the sand, but also to get to know the stunning coastline of the region. The beaches in the north are a little wilder than their southern counterparts, windier, with large waves and green cliffs cascading into the water. Overlooking the Bay of Biscay, it is a totally different landscape and feel to the Mediterranean waters elsewhere in the country.
Out and About in the City
Bilbao itself is a fantastic city for explorers. The Casca Viejo, or old town, is a maze of cobbled alleyways and atmospheric plazas, and shoppers will get lost for hours in the largest covered market in Europe, La Ribera. For sweeping views over the city, you can take a trip aboard the funicular railway to the top of Mt. Artxanela, a fantastic place to see a sunset over Bilbao. Of course, there is one attraction which cannot go unmentioned-the incredible Guggenheim Museum. This amazing place houses one of the best collections of modern art in the world, but even a stroll through the towering sculptures that stand around the amazing building is enough to get a sense of Bilbao's most famous landmark. Venture inside for a look at some of the incredible sculptures and artworks on display, and perhaps take an audio tour to get an in depth knowledge of what your seeing.
Food, glorious food
After all that exploring, you're sure to be hungry, and, luckily for you, Bilbao is a city for food lovers. Indulge like the locals do, and bar hop to sample some pintxos-similar to tapas but with a Basque twist. Small pieces of bread are topped with meat, cheese, vegetables or fish and usually enjoyed with a glass of wine. There are tons of pintxos bars in the city, and an evening spent sampling a few of them is an evening well spent. The region is famous for its delectable seafood, so be sure to try some of the freshest ocean produce on offer.
A choice of transfers
Holiday Extras provide a choice of Bilbao Airport transfers for between 1 and 7 people (incl. x1 suitcase per person)
- If you want a touch of luxury, our private cars are the way to go. Seating up to 3 people, they are a great way to begin your holiday in style, and save so much hassle trying to hail a taxi at the airport.
- For larger parties, our minibuses are a great bargain. With room for up to 7 travellers, when the cost of the vehicle is split between everyone.
- We also offer super stylish executive cars, including Mercedes and BMW models if you want a special transfer to bookend your travels.
Details of all of our airport transfer vehicles can be found here.
Bilbao Airport FAQs
- Where is Bilbao Airport?
- Are there any restaurants in the airport?
- Are there left luggage facilities in Bilbao Airport?
Bilbao Airport is 5.6 miles north of Bilbao city itself, with a transfer taking approximately 35 minutes (allowing for potential delays).
There is a wide variety of dining options in the airport, from sit down restaurants to fast food and cafes.
There are no left luggage facilities in Bilbao Airport. Your best bet is the left luggage facilities at the Termibus bus station in Bilbao itself, close to the San Mames stadium.
Why book your transfer with Holiday Extras?
- We have been helping customers with the nitty-gritty bits of travel for 36 years. From insurance, to airport hotels to car hire, we've got the experience to make the whole process easy.
- Our booking system compares 1000's of airport transfer options with just one click.
- Our UK based call centre and helpline is available 24/7.
- The vehicles we use are of the highest standard, all under five years old and with air conditioning, perfect for those warm summer days in Bilbao.
- We are trusted by all of the world's leading travel companies.
If you need any help....
Our friendly team is always available to take your calls: phone-0871 360 2603 (calls cost 11p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.)
*Prices quoted based on one passenger, picking-up at Bilbao Airport (BIO) and dropping off in Bilbao city centre via a private luxury car (Mercedes E-Class or similar) shared between 3 people. Prices correct at time of writing. Discount is pre-applied to transfer prices. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top