Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance for Austria
Austria, the central European country filled with snow and picturesque charm, makes for a perfect weekend getaway. Whether you're visiting its capital, Vienna, or for a week-long skiing expedition, you won't be at a loss for amazing things to do in this idyllic country.
Along with your guidebook, camera and passport, don't forget to pack your travel insurance! You might be tempted to skimp on this important aspect of your holiday when ,along with your passport, this is one of the most vital items to go on holiday with.
At Holiday Extras we adopt a hassle-free approach to travel and want to make the process of booking your insurance as straightforward as possible. When choosing us as your holiday insurance provider you don't have to worry about getting bogged down with dozens of different policies. You have a choice of either a single or an annual multi-trip policy, both with 4 levels of cover on offer: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
How to book online
To book online - or simply just to get a quote with your specific travel plans in mind - simply click below and bear in mind the following bits of information:
Location: Where are you going?
Dates: When will you be going, and how long for?
Money: The total cost of your holiday (including travel)
Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
How long can I stay in Austria without a visa?
You can visit Austria without a visa as long as you have a UK passport. You can stay in Austria without alternate arrangements for 3 months.
What documents do I need to travel to Austria?
You will only need your passport to gain entry to Austria. UK Emergency Travel documents are also accepted for entry and exit to Austria. However, you should always travel with your European Health Insurance Card in case you need emergency medical care and take out comprehensive travel insurance before you leave.
Top 5 things in Austria
From Solden to St Anton am Arlberg, Austria is made for ski resorts. Picturesque villages and intermediate mountains fit for all the family, make Austria the perfect environment for winter skiing from January to March.
2. The Belvedere Museum
The Belvedere is a stately baroque palace with beautifully landscaped gardens. What's more, the Belvedere is home to the world's largest collection of Klimt paintings, the most famous of which is 'The Kiss'.
3. Vienna State Opera
Famous as a film location, the Vienna State Opera House is celebrating its 150th year in 2018/19. This makes it the perfect time to experience its majesty with one of its soaring performances.
4. Lake Wolfgang
For a romantic honeymoon location, this 10.5 kilometre lake is nestled between Salzburg and Upper Austria, making it one of the most Instagram-worthy water features in Central Europe.
5. Sigmund Freud Museum
To discover where psychology began and see the homes in which Freud wrote his famous theories, some of which are the basis for psychology today, the Sigmund Freud Museum is an intimate look at one of the great minds of the early 20th century.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.