Loading, please wait...
Volunteering abroad makes travelling all the more worthwhile. From only *, we'll make sure you're covered for your trip.
Travel insurance for volunteers
Why not secure your travels with a holiday insurance policy before you set off? With all the challenges you might face volunteering abroad, finding the right cover is just one less thing to worry about! All of our policies include varying levels of baggage and cancellation cover, medical cover for unforeseen treatments and declared medical conditions, plus a 24-hour emergency helpline† with a support team at the ready when you need us most.
†If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible, full details can be found within the policy wording.
Why choose Holiday Extras travel insurance?
We have two policy types and four levels of cover to choose from, we like to keep our policies flexible. A single trip travel insurance policy will keep you covered for one trip of up to 365 days. So if you're only planning to volunteer abroad just the once this year and maybe for an extended period of time, our single trip cover is your best bet. With this policy you can choose from the following levels of cover:
- Bronze - provides cancellation cover of £1000 per person, medical cover of £5 million, and £500 baggage cover.
- Silver - provides £2,500 cancellation cover per person, £10 million medical costs, and £1,500 baggage cover.
- Gold - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 baggage cover, and £10 million in medical cover.
- Platinum - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 personal possessions cover, £10 million in medical cover and £500 personal money, passport and documents cover. Platinum cover also comes with complimentary gadget and wedding insurance!
Annual multi-trip travel insurance
You might have a year of volunteering opportunities planned, as a frequent traveller you could benefit from purchasing an annual travel insurance policy. It's the best option if you are planning two trips or more. Our annual policy offers the same cover levels as a single trip policy, but on a multi-trip basis, just make sure each trip doesn't exceed a maximum of 45 days.
Before you set off, you should check out our additional cover options. Depending on where you'll be volunteering, there's bound to be a few sports and activities for you to try. With 100+ sports and activities already included in your policy, you're all set to bungee jump, parasail and wind surf to name a few. If there's a particular sport you had in mind for your trip, we provide extra cover towards winter sports. Our additional cover packages are especially useful if you plan to hire equipment or travel with your own!
Book your policy
Booking a travel insurance policy for volunteering abroad is nice and easy. Simply fill in the insurance quote form at the top of this page to compare our cover levels and also receive a cheap quote. You can also book via our insurance call centre team - they're free to call, happy to help you make a booking and provide any further information you might need.
Visit our HX Blog for all things travel - including some great ideas for the best destinations for volunteering!
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.