Don't let an allergy hinder your travels
Call our Kent-based team and quote agent, or book online to find the best policy
Travelling with an allergy? Don't set off without holiday insurance!
Suffering with an allergy can taint a holiday with apprehension. But finding the right travel insurance, should an allergic reaction kick in means you can focus on receiving the appropriate treatment whilst we foot the bill and get on enjoying your holiday. At Holiday Extras, we provide additional cover for any existing allergies that do not require prescription treatment including:
If you are unsure that your allergy will be covered, then be sure by contacting our free, UK based insurance team.
How do I declare my existing allergy?
Should you wish to declare your allergy, simply fill in the insurance quote form above - you will automatically be transferred to our through to our screening process. Alternatively, this can be done via our Kent-based insurance team by calling our helpline. Following the completion of your free screening - so we can determine the severity of your condition - a medical insurance policy can be provided at an affordable price without compromising on your cover levels.
Like all of our pre-existing conditions travel insurance policies, you are more than likely to be eligible for cover on both a single trip and annual multi-trip basis:
- Single trip: you will have cover for one trip of no longer than 45 days.
- Annual multi-trip: for the frequent traveller, you will be protected for an unlimited amount trips, each up to 31 days across 12 months.
Is an allergy a pre-existing medical condition?
It can be a little confusing to know which allergies are worth declaring as pre-existing medical conditions on a travel insurance policy, as allergies can vary in their severity. Something as simple as nut allergy can vary greatly in degrees of seriousness, some people experiencing only minor discomfort, while others suffering life-threatening symptoms.
As a general rule of thumb you should declare an allergy on your travel insurance if you have received a diagnosis, a prescription, a change in treatment or your condition has not remained stable in the period leading up to your policy start date. The period you will need to consider is usually between 60-180 days prior to your policy start date (the exact period will vary from according to the insurer). If, during this time your allergies have remained stable and there have been no changes to your prescriptions or medication, there should be no need to declare your allergy as a pre-existing medical condition.
What if I choose not to declare my allergy?
We will always recommend our customers to declare all medical conditions, allergies included. Should you choose not to, you will be liable for any medical costs issued throughout your holiday.
Similarly, if you require treatment for an undeclared condition and you haven't informed us, your policy will be rendered invalid and you won't be able to submit a claim.
Looking for information regarding a different condition?
With regard to any other medical conditions, we can provide the most affordable policy. Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions travel insurance.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- Multiple Sclerosis Travel Insurance
- Prostate cancer travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
- Latitude Travel Insurance
- Senior travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic Travel Insurance
- Standard Travel Insurance
- Premium Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Under 18's Travel Insurance
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Compare Travel Insurance