Loading, please wait...
Insure your tech against loss, theft and damage while on holiday from just *
Travel Insurance with Gadget cover? We can help.
Losing a smartphone or tablet in today's digital age can seriously cripple holiday, business and leisure plans. Getting travel insurance with gadget cover that's useful and dependable should be a priority. Here's how to get the most out of your gadget cover, should you lose your trusty tech while away...
Why choose Holiday Extras' Gadget Travel Insurance?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
Gadget cover comparison
At Holiday Extras, there are three levels of gadget cover to choose from, so you can decide for yourself just how much cover you need for your gadgets. Take a look at the different cover levels listed below:
|Accidental/malicious damage, theft, loss|
|Single item, pair and set cover|
Travel insurance including gadget cover
Our Platinum level policies come with free gadget cover built into the policy, so you don't need to worry about purchasing gadget cover as an added extra. The Platinum level policy is perfect for travellers looking for top of the range cover levels for themselves and their tech.
Annual travel insurance including gadget cover
If you're likely to go on more than two trips during the year, it's worth considering an annual multi-trip policy. With all our annual policies, there is the option to add gadget cover by choosing from one of the three levels of cover. When you choose the platinum level annual policy, you'll receive complimentary cover for your devices, just like on a single trip platinum level policy.
What am I covered for?
Loss, Theft, Damage and Delay cover
Accidental damage - If you accidentally damage any of your devices while on holiday, then we can pay towards the cost of repairs or a replacement, up to the value stated in your policy.
Malicious damage - this part of your policy comes into play if your device is damaged by the deliberate or intentional actions of someone else. In this instance, we can pay towards repairs to the device.
Loss - should you lose any of your devices during your trip, this part of your policy insures that you won't have to pay for a replacement. Please note that we can't cover for the loss of devices as a result of confiscation or detention at customs.
Unauthorised usage - If your gadget is lost or stolen, we'll cover the cost of any unauthorised calls, messages and downloads made from it after the theft.
What do I need to make a claim?
Before making a claim, be sure to provide a police report obtained within 24 hours of the incident, as well as some suitable proof of ownership. This way, you can get the full benefits of your gadget cover.
If you are unable to provide a police report or proof of ownership, don't lose heart - some insurers may still offer a certain amount of compensation on lost devices.
When making a claim, remember that the amount you can receive in compensation will be scaled to the real-time value of your item before the incident - taking into account any previous wear and tear.
Gadgets lost by the airline
It can be particularly frustrating when your possessions are lost in airline baggage handling malfunctions. This is were many travellers come unstuck, as some insurers regard losses in this context as outside of their responsibility, with-holding cover. Before you take out any gadget cover, or travel insurance with gadget cover added, it's important to make sure that your insurer will cover you in instances where the airline loses your possessions.
Should your gadgets become lost in transit, you will be eligible for a claim. All you need to do, is notify the airline as soon as possible and obtain a property irregularity report.
Making a claim: Things to Remember
Police report - If your devices are stolen, then you will need to obtain a police report within 24 hours of the incident, detailing the circumstances of the theft, with an appropriate crime reference number.
Property Irregularity Report - If your device is lost while in the custody of an airline or handling agency, make sure you obtain an official property irregularity report within 24 hours of the incident.
Proof of ownership - It's important to have proof of ownership handy, such as a receipt detailing your purchase. Don't worry if you can't find any suitable evidence of ownership, as in this case, we may still be able to cover you, up to £200.
Keeping your gadgets safe
Remembering these basic precautions can go a long way in ensuring your expensive gadgets and tech remain where you want them to be - in your possession!
- Don't leave devices unattended - Try to avoid leaving your expensive devices unattended in public places. If you leave a device in a vehicle, make sure it is securely locked in the boot, out of sight.
- Back-up important files - To avoid the upset of losing treasured photos and important documents, be sure to back-up all files before and during your trip. Not all countries have consistent, reliable internet coverage. In this case, there's nothing wrong with going 'back to basics', bringing along a portable hard-drive or empty CDs to burn files onto.
- Get a laptop bag - Investing in a good quality, purpose-made carrying case will greatly reduce the likelihood of you breaking or misplacing your device. If you'll be doing a lot of roaming during your holiday, then it's a good idea to get a bag with arm straps and a breathable mesh backing to keep your back cool and your hands free.
- Get an iPad case - Every year, airlines report hundreds of unclaimed iPads. Since it's difficult to distinguish between iPads - given their uniform appearance - purchasing a distinctive case can help when it comes to identifying your device.
- Find my iPhone, iPad and Mac - For those of you with Apple products, this handy service allows you to track and lock down your device from anywhere in the world using iCloud.
What do I receive with Holiday Extras gadget cover?
With Holiday Extras optional gadget cover, you receive a number of benefits including cover for lost, stolen and damaged devices, as well as for replacement
Our gadget cover includes:
- Lost, stolen, or damaged devices - Receive up to £3,000 cover for accidental damage, loss or theft of your laptops, smartphones, tablets and smart watches.
- Hired replacement equipment - £50 for every 24 hour period you are without your device and must use a hired replacement.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.