Holiday insurance for long term stays
Our long stay holiday insurance policies provide up to 365 days cover so there's plenty of time to explore!
If you're heading overseas and don't plan on returning anytime soon - we'd say two months or longer - it might be wise to to secure a long term holiday insurance policy to keep your finances protected.
Our travel insurance is delightfully cost effective because we always take your destination into account. It's important to let us know whether you need a policy that is inclusive or exclusive of the USA - it can mean a smaller price to pay! With such high medical costs in the USA, exclusive policies can often be cheaper.
Choosing Holiday Extras as your travel insurance provider
We have two types of policies suitable for long term travels and three levels of cover to suit how much cover you'll need for your trip. Whether you're travelling within the UK, Europe or worldwide, every policy provides cover for medical treatment, cancellation costs, personal possessions and lost luggage.
If you've planned one holiday this year, a single trip travel insurance policy is your best choice. With up to 365 days covered, you can explore your destinations for up to a whole year!
Or perhaps you are a more frequent traveller. If so we recommend you purchase an annual travel insurance policy. If you are likely to travel more than twice a year, it is the most cost-affective way to insure your travels. By using a annual multi-trip policy, you are entitled to cover for unlimited trips across 12 months, given that each trip does not exceed hx-insurance/days-per-trip days.
Levels of cover
With your budget in mind, we have a level of cover to suit every traveller to their journey. Each providing high levels of financial protection and a 24/7 emergency contact team, so we won't be compromising on your cover.
- Basic: £500 of cancellation cover per person, £1 million for medical costs and £500 for baggage.
- Standard: £1,000 of cancellation cover, £2 million of medical cover and £1,500 in baggage cover.
- Premium: offers the highest level £5,000 cancellation cover per person, with £5 million medical cover and £1,500 baggage cover.
Booking your policy
You can book your long stay travel insurance policy online or via our UK-based call centre. Simply fill in the details form above to retrieve a quote and pick a policy. If you'd rather make your payment over the phone, we can do that too. Call us for free to speak to one our insurance experts.
It's important to know what you are covered for, but it is equally important to know what your cover doesn't include! We have a winter sports cover available, protecting all of your hired ski equipment and providing avalanche cover. There's also cover options available for cruise holidays, your wedding travel insurance abroad and golf cover too! So whatever exciting plans you've made to boost your travels, make sure you've got the best travel insurance policy to match.
Receiving your holiday insurance policy
No matter how many policies you print and misplace, there will always be a copy safely tucked into your e-mail inbox. With this in mind, it's important you provide us with the correct e-mail address if you're booking online or via our call centre. If you'd prefer, you can receive your travel documents by post. Simply call our free and friendly UK call centre to speak to one of our team.
Remember to keep a printed version of your travel insurance policy with you whilst travelling.
Cancelling your policy
You can cancel your long term travel insurance policy within 14 days of purchasing your booking. In return, we can fully refund your payment. If your cancellation falls outside of this time period then whilst it is still possible to cut ties with your policy but unfortunately we are not able to provide a refund.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
With potentially a higher need for medical assistance abroad, a medical condition doesn't always cost you a higher premium. Our insurance experts are on-hand to provide a tailored medical policy that is individual to your holiday and your condition. Given that you are aged 85 and under and disclosed all medical conditions at the time of booking - including the conditions you've successfully defeated- we can provide fully holiday insurance on both a single trip and annual basis.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance