Loading, please wait...
Get super-dependable cover for your holiday from only * per week for an adult
Are you in a New York state of mind? Well lucky for you there's no shortage of things to do in New York, the world's most iconic metropolis. By arranging travel insurance to New York with Holiday Extras, you can enjoy the sights and attractions, safe in the knowledge that you and your holiday are protected by our affordable, trustworthy and, most of all, reliable travel insurance cover.
Picking the best holiday insurance policy for you
At Holiday Extras, we like to apply a hassle-free approach to supplying you with the best and cheapest travel insurance for your Manhattan getaway. Taking out a travel insurance premium is imperative wherever you go, but absolutely essential if you're heading States-side as the U.S. is a certainly not a place you don't want to get caught out through risking it!
When you book our worldwide travel insurance you'll be able to choose from four policy levels with varying cover:
For more information regarding the specific wording of each policy, please check out our Policy Documents page with our downloadable Policy Booklets containing all the important Ts & Cs!
Travelling without Insurance
We understand completely that holidays are times to take a step back from the daily grind of normal working life and for you to enter full relaxation mode. Unfortunately, sometimes accidents or unforeseen scenarios arise where you require medical attention. Unlike European countries with the EHIC (that nifty card where Brits are entitled to the same healthcare as locals), the United States has no such nationalised health care plan for visitors, and as a result health care is incredibly expensive — for nationals and tourists alike — if you haven't taken out holiday insurance.
Honestly, we can't discourage travelling uninsured enough. Our insurance experts at Holiday Extras estimate that the cost of an air ambulance from the east coast of America back to the UK could set you back around £35,000-£45,000. Yikes, indeed. According to other insurance providers, minor operations like an uncomplicated appendectomy can cost £20,000 in the USA. If you're uninsured and fracture your lower leg, you could be looking at a medical bill of £6,000. The cost of travelling uninsured is incomprehensible and is a terrifying thought for your bank account! For more information on travelling uninsured, check out our page here.
Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip?
Taking out a Single Trip policy or an Annual Multi-Trip policy can be a big deciding point. If you're planning on more than one holiday a year, then taking out an Annual policy might be in your better interest. Here's a table below weighing up the similarities and differences. For more information, check out our comparison page: Single vs. Annual Trip.
|Your trip can last up to 365 days but must start and end in the UK to be entirely valid||This allows you to take multiple trips over the course of one year|
|You can add increased cancellation cover to your policy for that extra peace of mind when booking in advance||Groups who live together at the same address can benefit from annual policies which do not require them to travel together|
|With prices starting from just||With prices starting from just **|
Booking your policy
The process of booking your policy could not be more straightforward. There are a few factors you need to enter, but the three main principles you need to declare are:
Book online with us today!
- Any pre-existing medical conditions
Travelling with Medication
If you know you're going be travelling with medication it's best to pop over and check out our page full of helpful tips and advice in case anything slipped your mind.
We always hope that the build-up to your holiday is completely stress-free and our policies include differing levels of cancellation cover depending on the total cost of your trip. If you need medical attention for declared medical conditions or unforeseen medical expenses, our cover can help to negate the USA's high premiums.
Tips for New York travel
- It is advisable to convert your pounds to US dollars in advance, to get the best rate. If you need more cash you'll find banks and moneychangers throughout New York.
- At Holiday Extras, we're all about making sure every aspect of your holiday is fuss-free. Partnered with FairFX, we can ensure your hard-earned pennies are protected by the very best exchange rates on the market. Rather than going out of your way to the nearest Bureau de Change, you can get hard-cold cash delivered directly to your door for that added peace of mind!
- British travellers may be able to fly into New York on a reciprocal visa-waiver programme, but ordinarily a US visa from a consulate or embassy is required for entry.
- Crime rates in New York have decreased significantly in recent years, but when visiting bustling attractions like Times Square be sure to keep your valuables secure as with any tourist destination, pickpocketing is rife.
- If you are concerned about your mobile devices breaking or being (god forbid!) pinched, then it might be an idea to take out gadget cover to insure your iPhone and camera against damage if they're valuable! All we'd say is that common sense and caution is always advised and never misplaced when you're visiting a new destination!
Top things to do in New York:
- Experience the glamour and excitement of a show on Broadway, with Hamilton, Wicked and Phantom to choose from!
- Get a taste of the 'Big Apple' — whether it's from a Michelin star restaurant or a charismatic street pizza stand, you'll definitely leave NYC without any food-related regrets!
- Times Square, known as the 'Crossroads of the World', offers boutique shopping and a thriving atmosphere in Midtown Manhattan. Or head to Staten Island to visit the Statue of Liberty, an iconic figure for immigrants throughout history, symbolising the core value of freedom associated with the United States.
- If you fancy going further afield, why not hire a car or take the train to see Niagara Falls, three stunning waterfalls renowned for their colossal natural beauty.
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.