Delve into the USA with a worldwide travel insurance policy from Holiday Extras. Book online or call us for free on our UK helpline
Make sure you're covered with travel insurance for USA
From the iconic cities to the diverse landscapes, the USA needs no introduction. But if you're planning a trip to the land of opportunity it's crucial to have the right travel insurance policy so that you can make the most of it. Our policies offer comprehensive medical cover for any unforeseen illness and we also provide cover for cancellation and lost baggage. Travel insurance for USA helps you to enjoy your trip, without any nagging concerns.
Travel advice for 2017
There was an explosion at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City on the 11th of December. Transport is functioning but you should remain vigilant - there has been an increase in police across the city, particularly at transport hubs.
There are large wildfires affecting the Southern California region - including Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Diego Counties where thousands are being evacuated. It is advised that you follow the advice of local law enforcement officials.
Choosing your insurance provider
It takes an average of just ten minutes to book your USA travel insurance from Holiday Extras - or seven clicks online. Call centre support is available to guide you through the booking process, so you can get a great value policy quicker than ever before.
If you're a frequent traveller our annual policy is perfect. You'll benefit from the same level of cover offered by the Premium option, and parties on annual policies are not required to travel together. Children up to age 18 go free on all policies when traveling with an adult, and we offer £75 excess on most covers, and £100 excess on medical.
Currency - Be sure to stock up on the US dollar before your arrival.
Medical requirements - Healthcare is expensive, so it's important to purchase good travel insurance that covers you for medical expenses abroad.
Visas - Check visa and passport regulations before arranging your trip to the USA, and ensure that you complete all the necessary entry requirements.
What to do in the USA
- Take a road trip. A drive through red-rock deserts and expansive prairies can give you a different perspective on the USA.
- The USA is a cultural powerhouse and there's plenty to see, from Jackson Pollock's paintings to Andy Warhol's pop art.
- Tuck in. Whether you prefer barbequed ribs or fresh lobster, the USA has it all.
- The Grand Canyon is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, and a truly awe-inspiring sight.
- Take a wilderness tour in Alaska. You can spot bears and humpback wales, and you could even see the Northern Lights.