Finding the best student travel insurance
Further education can take you to any four corners of the globe and the right holiday insurance policy can make sure you'll enjoy every minute. We know it's not the most exciting part of booking your travels but we also know it is an absolute must! You may be young and fighting fit so medical cover might not seem a priority but, what about your camera full of memories? Your phone filled with snaps, contacts and useful apps? They need protecting too! Should they be lost or stolen, personal possessions cover means they can be replaced!
Bagging the cheapest travel insurance policy might seem tempting but before you do, it is important to get to grips with the level of cover you need for your travels. You may be a serious adrenaline junkie in which case, seeking medical cover might not be completely unexpected.
What am I covered for?
At Holiday Extras, we've decked out our travel insurance policies for safe travels across the UK, Europe and worldwide including high levels of cancellation and medical cover, financial protection for over 100 sports and passport loss.
There are two types of policies and three levels of cover. Providing both flexible and reliable choices when finding travel insurance to suit your adventure:
Single-trip travel insurance
Whether you're heading overseas for a work placement, studying a term abroad or exploring with your friends. There's no limitation to your destination - just be sure to let us know where you are heading. In some cases, a policy exc. USA can mean a lower premium. Our single trip policy provides cover for one trip of up to 365 days:
- Standard cover comprises £1,000 cancellation cover per person, £2 million for medical costs and baggage cover of £1,500.
- Premium cover offers £5,000 per person for cancellations, £5 million for medical costs and £1,500 of baggage cover.
Annual travel insurance
You might be travelling regularly this year for study, travel or a satisfying combination of both. Providing that you make regular trips home, our annual travel insurance policy offers financial protection for an unlimited amount of trips across 12 months - just be sure that each trip does not exceed hx-insurance/days-per-trip days.
- Annual travel policy provides £5,000 per person for cancellations, £5 million medical cover and £1,500 baggage protection.
How do I book my holiday insurance policy?
Our online booking system is quick and easy, perfect for comparing prices and choosing your policy. If you'd prefer to book via telephone, you can call our free and friendly UK call centre team to place a booking.
Planning gap year travels?
If you've decided to take a gap year or a long break before embarking on further education, visit our gap year travel insurance page for more information and to find a policy that suits how you want to travel.
Additional cover options
Like any good traveller, it helps to have a rough itinerary. Filled with big adventure trails, scuba diving, mountain biking... you get the picture! With so many fun activities planned it's important to make sure it's all of your activities are covered under your chosen travel insurance policy. By checking your policy wording, you will find 100+ sports already covered with Holiday Extras holiday insurance. For any sports or activities that you can't find in your policy but do wish to take part in, be sure to give us a FREE call.
Winter sports travel insurance
Hitting the slopes might be top of your to-do list. Before donning a pair of skis, be sure to purchase winter sports cover in addition to your regular policy. We provide cover for your own equipment and any you choose to hire, you are also protected should the piste be subject to closure.
Travelling the world with a pre-existing medical condition?
If you have a medical condition and looking travel the world, it can still be affordable. Our insurance experts are on-hand to make sure your medical condition won't slow you down by providing fully comprehensive cover at the best price.
Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions pages for more information.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance