Big January Giveaway - Click Here For More Details
Loading, please wait...
Jump straight into you African adventure with a travel insurance Africa policy. Prices starting at just *
A diverse and awe-inspiring continent, Africa is the perfect destination for intrepid adventurers and first-time travellers alike. With preparation and a reliable travel insurance policy, there's nothing stopping you from having the trip of a lifetime.
Our worldwide travel insurance policies are designed to give reliable cover at an affordable rate. What's more, they're tailored to be the most suited to you and your trip.
Compare travel insurance Africa levels of cover
Our policies are available in both single trip and annual multi-trip, at Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels.
Do I need medical insurance for my Africa trip?
Much like other countries outside of the UK, healthcare in Africa is not free, even for citizens, and in many African countries, doctors expect payment in cash for treatment. Booking travel insurance with Holiday Extras, you can receive cover for up to £10 million for medical emergencies.
What if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
When you book, remember to let us know of any pre-existing medical conditions you may have, so we can tailor a suitable policy with these conditions in mind. It's important to note that, if you have not declared any pre-existing medical conditions when booking your policy, any subsequent claims may be invalidated by failing to do so.
What vaccinations do I need to travel to Africa?
As well as your routine vaccinations (MMR, Polio, Diptheria, Meningitis) you should also make sure to get yourself vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B as well as Tetanus, Typhoid and Rabies. Your doctor will be able to give you specific advice, and it's always wise to consult them about this, or any other questions or concerns you have have.
What if I need to take medication into Africa?
If you require medication bring plenty with you, esure you have enough for the duration of your trip. Even basic medicines like paracetamol can be difficult to find in some areas.
Do I need a visa to travel Africa?
The majority of tourist visas can be obtained at the border, however, entry requirements can differ from country to country. To avoid complications, make sure to do your research before hand. In some countries, visas can take up to a week to be approved and you will need to provide evidence of your plane tickets and hotel accommodation. Certain countries in the south don't require you to obtain a visa if you have a British passport.
For obtaining any kind of visa, your passport will have to be valid for at least six months from your planned date of departure. if you plan to take part in voluntary work during your stay in the country, then you will need a working holiday visa along with a travel insurance policy that covers you for working abroad. For more information, check out our working holiday insurance page.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.