Loading, please wait...
Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
If you're travelling with Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis or any other kind of inflammatory bowl condition, getting the right holiday insurance can sometimes present a bit of a challenge. Holiday Extras' insurance team provide specialist medical insurance cover for those travelling with pre-existing conditions. With our team of experts, you can be assured of a comfortable booking process, comprehensive cover, and a reasonable price.
All policies come equipped with cover for medical emergency expenses, repatriation, and lost medication, as well as cover for cancellation and curtailment. Simply enter your travel information into the quote form to find out more about your Crohn's Disease Travel insurance.
Check out the reviews here
How do I declare my condition?
The screening process is designed to be as seamless, comfortable and confidential as possible, enabling our insurance experts to give you the best policy for the best price.
Enter your travelling details into the quote form at the top of the page, and you'll be taken through to your medical screening. You'll need to answer a few questions regarding your condition and you can be confident that all answers are confidential and will be handled with care.
Some questions you will be asked may relate to:
- whether you have had any abdominal surgery for the condition
- whether you have had any episodes of bowel obstruction
- the number of hospital admissions you have had in the last 2 years
Medical screening takes place online through the quote form above, though if you prefer, this can also be done via our friendly insurance team by calling our UK based helpline.
How do we calculate the price of your policy?
To give you an accurate and fair price for your policy, our team of insurance experts take into account a number of factors before giving you a quote.
- Level of risk - Our insurers assess the severity of your condition, doing so based on the answers you provide during your screening.
- Destination - With some locations, the only suitable healthcare facilities available are privately run, and so cost more. In this case, you may find that the price of your policy is slightly higher to reflect this.
Age - The likelihood of having to make a claim increases generally tends to increase according to the age of the traveller, so this is taken into account when we draw up your policy.
Tips for travelling with Crohn's Disease
- Find out in advance where the public toilets are located in an area you will be visiting. Apps like Toilet Finder are great for quickly locating the nearest toilets in an unfamiliar area.
- Getting a Can't Wait Card is a good idea, as this allows you to skip straight to the front if there's a queue for the loo. Be warned, not all countries recognise this though.
- Bring extra loo roll and spare clothing in case of an accident.
Make sure you bring along enough medication to last the entire duration of the trip. Although you may think that you can simply restock you medicine supplies whilst abroad, this may not be a good idea as filling in a prescription in a foreign country can end up being more complicated than it's worth.
That being said, it's still wise to bring along a copy of your prescription with the generic names of your medicines, in case you need to replace lost supplies.
Find out in advance whether the buses and trains you might use will have toilet facilities, and if you're travelling by air, make sure to request a seat close to the bathroom.
Be careful what you eat
Take a supply of simple foods that you know your stomach can cope with, in case the food available doesn't agree with you.
Make sure well ahead of time, that you are up to date with your all your medical vaccinations, along with the specific vaccinations re
Looking for information regarding a different condition?
Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions travel insurance.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions:
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Additional information:
- Do you have to declare medical conditions for travel insurance?
- Are mental health conditions classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What is classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What medical conditions can stop me from flying?
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Which countries have the best medical care?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis when Travelling
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel vaccinations:
- Travel Vaccinations
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Upgrade your policy with extra cover to suit how you like to travel:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Further information:
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Travel insurance advice for your destination:
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.