Big January Giveaway - Click Here For More Details
Loading, please wait...
MS travel insurance
Over 100,000 people are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in the UK, with over 5000 new diagnoses every year. At Holiday Extras, we want to ensure you have the best MS travel insurance for your personal needs, so you can focus on enjoying your trip with the peace of mind you're covered. With a travel insurance policy and a carefully planned itinerary, nothing should stop you from enjoying your trip to its fullest.
Why choose Holiday Extras for your MS travel insurance?
Holiday Extras provides medical travel insurance for both single trip and annual policies, in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We cover the majority of pre-existing medical conditions, and all conditions will be considered. This includes MS travel insurance.
Benefits of Holiday Extras medical travel insurance
- - Over 25 years experience selling travel insurance.
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Tailored policies to suit your personal requirements.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK-based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - All medical conditions considered.
Do I need to declare MS as a pre-existing medical condition?
Regardless of the current stage of your condition (be it clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting, primary-progressing or secondary progressive), it's important to declare it when getting a travel insurance quote. If you have not disclosed your medical history, any claims you make will likely be rejected should it pertain to any witheld medical conditions you have. This includes MS.
How do I declare my condition?
To declare your medical conditions, just enter your travelling details into the quote from at the top of the page, and you'll be taken through your medical screening process.
If you are a little unsure about what happens during a medical screening, don't worry - the process is very simple and only takes a few minutes. To help us put together a suitable policy for your multiple sclerosis, you will be asked several questions pertaining to your pre-existing medical condition. Medical screening takes place online through the quote form above, though if you prefer this can also be done via our Kent-based insurance team by calling our free helpline.
Compare MS travel insurance levels of cover
We offer travel insurance at the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels. All of which can be tailored to your specific needs.
Travelling with multiple sclerosis
Consult your doctor
Regardless of which pre-existing medical condition you have, it's always a good idea to consult your doctor, who can give you professional advice on your medical requirements when travelling.
Also bear in mind, when travelling by plane, some airlines require a 'fit to travel' note from your doctor, so be sure to ask the doctor for one when seeing them.
Do your research
In-depth information regarding all aspects of multiple sclerosis can be found on the official Multiple Sclerosis UK website.
Dealing with the heat
For many sufferers of MS, the heat is a serious consideration. For those patients that are not excessively heat intolerant, it's still advised to take care when visiting hotter countries. Keeping well hydrated and bringing a cooling case or ice chest will help to keep you from overheating.
There are a number of things you can do to make your journey more comfortable. Most airlines have special transport measures for use in the airport, and these can be arranged if you notify the airport in advance. Aircraft are also capable of carrying standard size wheel chairs free of charge, though battery powered wheelchairs may need to be dismantled for the carriage, so remember to bring the assembly instructions for your chair.
Should you require vaccinations for your destination, consult with your doctor well in advance of your trip. Remember, you will not be able to take vaccinations during an acute relapse or steroid treatment.
Make sure that you have enough medication to last you for the entire duration of the trip. If you're carrying any medication in your hand luggage, make sure you have the relevant medical certification with you and remember to carry all medication in the original pharmacy packaging. For injectable prescription medication, be sure to have a doctor's note specifying that your are allowed to take such medicine.
Looking for information regarding a different condition?
If you're looking to take out medical trvael insurance for a different pre-existing medical condition, a broad overview can be found on our main medical travel insurance page.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions:
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Additional information:
- Do you have to declare medical conditions for travel insurance?
- Are mental health conditions classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What is classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What medical conditions can stop me from flying?
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Which countries have the best medical care?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis when Travelling
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel vaccinations:
- Travel Vaccinations
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Upgrade your policy with extra cover to suit how you like to travel:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Further information:
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Travel insurance advice for your destination:
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.