Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive travel insurance for your Tunisia trip, with policies starting from just *
Travel with peace of mind by booking travel insurance for Tunisia
Exploring the intricacies of Tunisia makes for a great holiday. A small but significant North African gem, Tunisia enjoys the benefits of a balmy Mediterranean coast and the beauty of its Ottoman heritage. You might be wondering where exactly Tunisia is for travel insurance, despite its close proximity to Europe, cover for Tunisia is classed as a Worldwide travel insurance policy (excluding USA, Canada and Caribbean).
Compare cheap travel insurance for Tunisia
Holiday Extras ensures that your trip to Tunisia goes as swimmingly as possible by offering excellent insurance policies at competitive prices. Choose from four levels of cover:
Single Trip vs. Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance Tunisia
Depending on the frequency of your visits, you can pick between a Single trip and annual multi-trip policy if you think you'll visit Tunisia or anywhere else in the world (excluding USA, Canada and the Caribbean) more than once per year. Through choosing annual cover, you'll benefit from the same cover levels offered on a single trip cover for an entire year.
|Your trip can last up to 365 days but must start and end in the UK to be entirely valid||Maximum trip duration varies depending on the policy: 22 days for Bronze, 31 days for Silver and Gold, 45 days for Platinum|
|Must be purchased before leaving the UK, i.e. before passing through security at the airport.||Groups can benefit from an annual policy that does not require them to travel together, nor live together â€" that's just for family policies!|
|Anyone any age can travel â€" even under 18s can travel alone*||Under 18s must travel with an adult and you cannot travel on the policy if you are older than 79 years at the date of booking|
|With prices starting from just *||With prices starting from just *|
Why choose us?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running
- - Policies with no excess available
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline
- - No maximum age on single trip policies**
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance
Tunisia as a holiday destination
Although very small in relation to many of its African counterparts, Tunisia has enough natural beauty and history to rival much larger countries. Within the capital, Tunis, lies the Bardo Museum, boasting archaeological exhibits ranging from Roman mosaics to Islamic art. Tunis marks the site of ancient Carthage, and its rich history can be discovered at the Carthage National Museum. When booking travel insurance for Tunisia it's important to get the most suitable cover for you, enabling you to enjoy the beauty and layered history of the country.
Is Tunisia safe?
Though a predominantly safe country that attracts millions of visitors every year, it's always recommended to check up on the Tunisia travel advice government website for more up-to-date information on travelling to Tunisia.
You can contact the emergency services by calling 197 (police â€" when in cities and towns), 193 (national guard â€" when in rural areas or small villages), 190 (ambulance) or 198 (civil protection â€" for assistance at incidents, such as car accidents, to provide medical assistance and response to fire).
Tunisia trades in the Tunisian dinar and is what is called a 'closed currency'. However, it is illegal to import or export the dinar, so even if you find somewhere in the UK that sells the dinar, you'll have to change your money at the airport when you arrive. Make sure you not change too much, as you can only re-exchange 30% of the amount, and be sure to keep your receipts.
Tunisia is a predominantly Muslim country and while it is a favourite for western tourists from all over the world, it is advisable for western women to dress modestly and be respectful of religious and cultural customs when you're out and about.
We would always advise that before embarking on your holiday that you consult with your GP 6-8 weeks before travelling. Both Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccinations are usually recommended, and any required vaccinations are necessary to benefit from our medical insurance.
Top things to do in Tunisia
- The Bardo Museum is home to the world's largest collection of Roman mosaics.
- Visit the ruins of Carthage, former capital of the Phoenician government, on the shores of the Mediterranean.
- Breathe in the fresh sea air of Hammamet, a fishing town with gorgeous natural scenery and heaps of unspoiled charm.
- Delve into the Sahara region, where shifting sands and awe-inspiring landscapes are the norm, and hidden gems like Chenini village paint a unique picture of Tunisian life.
- Lake Ichkeul, populated by herons, flamingos and storks, offers an unparalleled bird watching experience.
If you would like more info on travel to Tunisia, check out our other posts on the topic:
- Tunisian Cuisine
- A Brief history of Tunisia
- Top things to see and do in Tunisia
- Is it safe to travel to Tunisia
- Staying fit and healthy in Tunisia
- Best time to visit Tunisia
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.