Loading, please wait...
If you're travelling within the UK, pick the best travel insurance. Our policies start from just £5.37*
For most travellers, we've found that booking holiday insurance isn't always a top priority. And if you're travelling so close to home in the United Kingdom, even less so! However, it is important that you still find a good holiday insurance policy before you go, it means you can travel with peace of mind. All of our travel insurance policies also include cover for personal possessions, cancellations and comprehensive protection for pre-existing medical conditions.
Why choose Holiday Extras for UK travel insurance?
Booking insurance for your UK travel is quick and easy with Holiday Extras. We offer four levels of cover to suit how you like to travel, so you can get as much protection as you need:
- Bronze cover offers £500 of baggage insurance and another £1000 of cancellation cover per person, as well as £5 million towards medical costs.
- Silver cover provides medical cover of £10 million, baggage cover at £1,500 and cancellation insurance of £2,500 per person
- Gold cover raises your medical protection to £10 million, baggage cover to £2,000 and cancellation cover to £5,000 per person.
- Platinum cover raises your medical protection to £10 million, baggage cover to £2,000, cancellation cover to £5,000 per person and £500 for personal money, passport and documents.
Why book travel insurance for the UK?
You may well be wondering whether it's actually worth taking out travel insurance for a domestic trip within the UK. After all, one of your biggest concerns (emergency medical assistance) is already covered under the NHS.
However, let's not forget all the other eventualities that a reliable travel insurance policy can protect you against. What if you've booked a flight to Dublin or Glasgow and find that your luggage goes missing? What if one of the kids gets sick and you have to change your flight times?
While it does no good to focus on possible negative outcomes, it's always better to be prepared should, anything like this happen.
A reliable travel insurance policy valid for domestic travel will ensure you don't have to personally foot the bill. Many domestic travellers have benefitted from such aspects of their travel insurance policy as lost luggage and missed flight insurance.
Annual UK travel insurance
This way, you only need to think about purchasing travel insurance once, and thereafter, can take as many trips as you want throughout the year (both inside and outside the UK). Taking out an annual multi-trip policy can thus save you a lot of time and money in the long run, as you won't need to go searching for a travel insurance policy each time you go on a trip somewhere.
Our annual policy provides the maximum level of protection, just like our Premium cover level. So you can travel as many times as you like and be fully covered every time. Just be sure to keep within the 45 day limit. Age limits apply
Booking your policy
Our booking process is nice and straightforward, whether you complete the process online or via our call centre. Simply call our FREE helpline to speak to one of our friendly team to make a booking and for any extra help. You can also enter your details into our insurance quote form above to compare our holiday insurance policy levels and make a payment online.
Do I need a passport for UK domestic flights?
The question of whether you'll need to take your passport on a domestic flight as a UK citizen will largely depend on which airline you choose to fly with.
Generally speaking, most airlines offering domestic flights will accept forms of recognised photo identification such as your drivers' license or official ID card. Some airlines may insist that you carry a valid passport with you on a domestic flight, whilst others may only do so I you are travelling with check-in luggage. In some instances, seniors may even be able to use their bus pass as a suitable form of identification, however it's always best to check with the airline in advance, before deciding on what you should take as a form of photo identification.
Things to see in the UK
- Tour London. From the London Eye to cruises down the River Thames, our insurance means that you can delve into one of the worlds mega cities without any worry.
- Travel to Loch Ness in the Highlands of Scotland, and try to catch a glimpse of the legendary Loch Ness monster.
- Discover the Emerald Isle. Explore the natural beauty of Northern Ireland, from historic monuments like Carrickfergus Castle, to the lively pubs of Belfast
- Visit Stonehenge, a prehistoric site steeped in history.
- Watch the football. Arguably the birthplace of the beautiful game, the UK offers some of the most exciting football matches around, in world-class stadiums.
*Prices are correct as of April 2019, based on 1 traveller aged 40 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling for 7 days.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.