Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive travel insurance for everyone, with family policies starting from just *
Finding single parent travel insurance for a single parent family can sometimes feel a little tricky. Many family travel insurance policies only apply if there are two paying adults, and this can be impractical if you want to take your children on holiday as a single parent. At Holiday Extras we provide great packages for single parents so you can get great, affordable straightforward cover!
Do I need travel insurance for my children?
With Holiday Extras, getting the whole family properly insured at a reasonable rate is pretty straightfoward, with a Bronze adult policy starting from just *. This is a great and convenient way of making sure they're covered for lost luggage, medical, cancellation and repatriation cover.
If you were thinking about sending your kids to travel abroad on their own, take a look at our children's travel insurance page for more information. If you are a single parent looking for travel insurance for your child then we have great deals for child-only policies. Please see below for more policy benefits:
Levels of cover>
What travel insurance to get for a single parent family?
It's great to shop around before you book to get the most suited deal for travel insurance for a single parent. We understand that sometimes it can all seem a bit convoluted and stressful, which is why we like to make our policies as straightforward as possible: with just 2 policies (Single and Annual) with 4 levels of cover to chooose from.
Make sure you check the policy wording though for all the terms and conditions!
Single trip and annual multi-trip policies for single parents
Our single trip policy provides cover for one trip of up to 365 days. With four levels of cover you can choose from our Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum packages, so you can apply for the right level of cover to suit your needs.
For the more frequent traveller, our annual multi-trip travel insurance policy provides cover for an unlimited number of trips across 12 months, given that each trip does not exceed 31 days with our Silver and Gold cover policies, 22 days for Bronze cover and up to 45 days per trip for our annual Platinum cover.
Travelling with pre-existing medical conditions?
If any of your family have a pre-existing medical condition, this shouldn't stop you from applying for travel insurance with us. At Holiday Extras, we will consider all pre-existing medical conditions through the discreet screening process, and offer cover for the majority of conditions. When booking your policy remember to declare any medical conditions you have been diagnosed with, past or present, and we can tailor a policy especially suited to your needs. Unfortunately, failure to declare a pre-existing medical condition could render your policy invalid should you need medical treatment abroad.
Adventure Sports - If you are planning something a little more adventurous, you'll want to take a look at our additional policy cover. For more information, visit our sports cover page for a breakdown of all activities covered under our standard policy; including windsurfing and cycling. You can also find out about sports for the children that require an additional premium to be added to your policy, including kitesurfing.
Winter Sports - Perhaps you are planning a winter sports holiday? If so, take a look at our winter sports add-on, which covers a range of winter sports activities, including skiing and off-piste skiing.
If you have enjoyed finding out about our single parent travel insurance, then you may like to check out the following pages for additional information:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance for under-18s
- Staying Safe as an Under 18 Travelling Alone
- Top 5 destinations for Solo Under 18 Travellers
- Using Your Electrics Abroad
- How To Save For Your Trip as an Under 18 Solo Traveller
- Is Couch-surfing Recommended for Under-18 Travellers?
- Under 18 solo travelling: Convincing your parents to let you travel
Why choose us?
Holiday Extras thrives on providing comprehensive policies tailored around you, the customer. It's no wonder then, that we have been voted an 11-time award-winning travel insurance provider. You can book your single parent family travel insurance policy in full confidence that your holiday is in capable hands today!
Check out our travel insurance reviews page and see for yourself!
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour emergency assistance service for help and advice. Full details can be found in the policy wording.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.