Loading, please wait...
Get full comprehensive travel insurance for everyone, with family policies starting from just *
Finding single parent travel insurance for a single parent family can sometimes feel a little tricky. Many family travel insurance policies only apply if there are two paying adults, and this can be impractical if you want to take your children on holiday as a single parent. At Holiday Extras we provide great packages for single parents so you can get great, affordable hassle-free cover!
Do I need travel insurance for my children?
With Holiday Extras, getting the whole family properly insured at a reasonable rate is easy, with a Bronze adult policy starting from just *. This is a great and convenient way of making sure they're covered for lost luggage, cancellation and repatriation cover.
If you were thinking about sending your kids to travel abroad on their own, take a look at our children's travel insurance page for more information. If you are a single parent looking for travel insurance for your child then we have great deals for child-only policies. Please see below for more policy benefits:
Children's travel insurance
- Single Trip only
- Up to £10 million medical cover
- Up to £5000 cancellation cover
- Up to £2000 baggage cover
- Friendly 24/7 UK based helpline †
Levels of Cover
Bronze cover offers £1,000 cancellation cover, £5 million medical cover and £500 of baggage cover.
Silver cover provides £2,500 cancellation, £10 million medical cover and £1,500 of baggage cover.
Gold cover offers £5,000 cancellation, £10 million for medical costs and £2,000 of baggage cover.
Single trip and annual multi-trip policies for single parents
Our single trip policy provides cover for one trip of up to 365 days. With four levels of cover you can choose from our Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum packages, so you can apply for the right level of cover to suit your needs.
For the more frequent traveller, our annual multi-trip travel insurance policy provides cover for an unlimited number of trips across 12 months, given that each trip does not exceed 31 days with our Silver and Gold cover policies, up to 45 days per trip for our annual Platinum cover policy and 22 days for Bronze cover.
Best Travel Insurance for Single Parent Family?
It's a great idea to compare travel insurance before you book to get the best and cheapest deal for travel insurance for a single parent. Make sure you check the policy wording of each provider on either a single trip or annual multi-trip policy to see exactly what is covered. Providers will offer different levels of cover at different rates so make sure you research which one is best for you. Check out Holiday Extras' cheap Bronze, silver, Gold and Platinum levels of cover.
Holiday Extras specialise in providing the best travel insurance for your holiday. It's no wonder then, that we are a eleven-time award-winning travel insurance provider. You can book your single parent family travel insurance policy in full confidence that your holiday is in capable hands today!
Check out our travel insurance reviews page and see for yourself!
Travelling with pre-existing medical conditions?
If any of your family have a pre-existing medical condition, this shouldn't stop you from applying for travel insurance with us. When booking your policy, simply declare any medical conditions, and we can tailor a policy especially suited to your needs. Book your policy online, or call our UK-based contact centre to discuss your options with our friendly insurance team on 0800 316 0104 and quote WY992.
Adventure Sports - If you are planning something a little more adventurous, you'll want to take a look at our additional policy cover. For more information, visit our sports cover page for a breakdown of all activities covered under our standard policy; including windsurfing and cycling. You can also find out about sports for the children that require an additional premium to be added to your policy, including kitesurfing.
Winter Sports - Perhaps you are planning a winter sports holiday? If so, take a look at our winter sports add-on, which covers a range of winter sports activities, including skiing and off-piste skiing.
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour emergency assistance service for help and advice. Full details can be found in the policy wording.
If you have enjoyed finding out about our single parent travel insurance, then you may like to check out the following pages for additional information:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance for under-18s
- Staying Safe as an Under 18 Travelling Alone
- Top 5 destinations for Solo Under 18 Travellers
- Using Your Electrics Abroad
- How To Save For Your Trip as an Under 18 Solo Traveller
- Is Couch-surfing Recommended for Under-18 Travellers?
- Under 18 solo travelling: Convincing your parents to let you travel
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.