Bag the best policy with extra medical cover online or call our Kent-based insurance team and quote WY922
At Holiday Extras, we want to ensure you enjoy every part of your holiday. So if you are plastered up in a cast and sling, we can help by providing affordable holiday insurance policies.
Will my broken bone affect my travel insurance policy?
Not necessarily, it is important to ensure that all broken bone injuries that have occurred in the last 2 years are declared in order to successfully submit a claim should you need to.
If you have a head or spinal injury, or waiting to receive treatment, then you will require additional medical cover. Customise your travel insurance policy to suit your condition by visiting our pre-existing condition page.
We should also mention that we will not be able to process any claims you submit if you are travelling against the advice of your doctor.
Feel free to call our friendly UK-based insurance team if you are unsure about your condition.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
If you have a medical condition and looking to choose an affordable policy, then you can find all of the information you need on our medical conditions page.
Making your holiday hassle-free is as easy as 1-2-3.
1) Complete our insurance quote form at the top of this page. 2) Choose the perfect cover from our great single trip and annual travel insurance policies. 3) Customise your policy by choosing from our types of additional cover like winter sports cover.
It's that easy.
Can you fly with a broken leg?
With or without a broken leg, flying isn't part of the natural skill set of a human being. Joking aside, if you have a broken limb and are contemplating taking a flight, there are a few factors that will determine whether you can actually safely and comfortably make the journey:
- Many airlines will refuse passengers with broken limbs if the cast has been fitted within the last 24-48 hours. This is because of the increased risk of DVT, as blood flow is restriced to the tissue surrounding the break and the part of the limb beyond the injury.
- If you need to fly straight away, then you will need to get your cast split along its length to prevent any potential swelling from restricted circulation to the limb during the flight. Bear in mind that if you decide to have your cast split, then you will need to arrange to have it resealed at the hospital as soon as you arrive at the destination. If you are making a journey to another country rather than returning home, it will likely cost you to have the cast resealed. You may need a letter from your medical team confirming the date of your injury along with when the cast was fitted.
- If you want to travel with a broken leg, some airlines may require that you book up to three seats, in order to have the leg stretched out to its full length. When choosing seats with extra leg room, remember not to choose any seats in the emergency exit rows, as these are reserved only for able-bodied passengers. If the break happens very close to the date of your flight, then be prepared to have to book a different flight, as you may not be able to secure more than one seat together.
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken bones travel insurance
- Cancer travel insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Diabetes travel insurance
- Disability travel insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy travel insurance
- Heart condition travel insurance
- High blood pressure travel insurance
- Lupus travel insurance
- MS travel insurance
- Children with medical conditions travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
- Latitude medical travel insurance
- Senior travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel health insurance
- Single trip travel insurance
- Annual travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Business Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance