You can still get cover for your cruise holiday if you have a medical condition
Give our team a call and quote WY922
Booking cruise holiday insurance with a medical condition
At Holiday Extras, we want to make sure your travel insurance policy fully covers you before your cruise leaves the port. If you're suffering with a medical condition, then finding a reasonably priced travel insurance for cruise excursions isn't always easy. Whilst other insurance providers tend to hike up their premiums for cruise travellers with medical conditions, we like to do things a little differently. Instead, our medical insurance team tailor individual policies to suit your medical condition and how you like to travel.
One easy medical screening process
To book your policy, fill in the quote form above. Following an easy medical screening process to declare and assess your condition/s, you'll receive a be given a comprehensive quote.
What protection does the cruise insurance upgrade provide?
In addition to extended medical cover, lost baggage and cancellation cover provided by your medical conditions travel insurance policy, cruise protection provides cover for the unique aspects of holiday, including:
- Missed port departure
- Cabin confinement - should an illness breakout onboard
- Unused excursions - so you don't have to face an empty pocket
- Cruise itinerary change
Booking your cruise cover
You can book your cruise travel insurance with medical conditions policy online or by placing a call to our friendly team at the Kent-based call centre and quote WN041. It's free to call and our team will be happy to discuss our available cover levels and take you through the whole process with one simply payment.
FAQs - Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
What if I fall ill before my cruise holiday?
If you happen to fall ill prior to your cruise and therefore, unfit to travel, you might have to abandon your hopes of a cruise holiday. With some cruise lines, you could receive a refund from your cruise line if you notify them 75 days before you travel. Which, in regard to an unexpected illness, is almost impossible to predict! However, by obtaining a travel insurance policy with cancellation cover means you won't get a hit to the wallet as well.
What if I need medical treatment throughout my cruise trip?
Should you fall ill throughout your cruise and require emergency medical treatment beyond the cruise ship's medical centre, you will usually be taken to the closest shore. If you do not have a suitable travel insurance policy then you could face some hefty charges depending on where the nearest port is, or if you require an air ambulance. For example, an air ambulance in the USA can cost thousands - something we can cover you for if it's deemed necessary.
What if I choose not to declare all of my medical conditions?
If you choose to declare only some or none of your pre-existing conditions whilst booking your cruise travel insurance, then you are at risk of invalidating your policy. Should you require emergency medical treatment directly related to a condition that you did not declare at the time of booking, we won't be able to provider cover for you.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- Multiple Sclerosis Travel Insurance
- Prostate cancer travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
- Latitude Travel Insurance
- Senior travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel health insurance
- Holiday insurance
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic Travel Insurance
- Standard Travel Insurance
- Premium Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Under 18's Travel Insurance
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Compare Travel Insurance