Travelling with asthma? Our insurance team has you covered
Book online or via our support team by calling and quoting agent
You may be an asthma sufferer but there's no reason why you can't bag a great deal with Holiday Extras holiday insurance. We specialise in providing cover for travellers often turned down by other insurance companies.
In the last 24 months we have sold 133,000 policies. There's no comprising your cover for lowers premiums because we regularly check our prices against our competitors. We do this to ensure we're offering the lowest possible price, with the highest financial protection on your policy.
Why choose Holiday Extras your insurance provider?
Buying travel insurance for asthma needn't be stressful or expensive. With our medical insurance, you&'#146;'ll get up to £15m in medical cover, cancellation cover up to £5,000 per person per trip and up to £2,000 baggage cover - all for a very good price.
If you're planning on taking more than one trip a year, it could make sense to take out an annual policy. You can equip asthma travel insurance policy with cruise and winter sports additional cover options, just to make your condition won't restrict your holiday fun.
Our policies are perfect for families because under 18s receive FREE cover when they travel accompanied by a paying adult.
Booking your policy
You can book online in a couple of easy steps. By entering your details in our quote form above - making sure you've declared your condition and completed our simple, discreet screening process - you can choose from two cover levels. Followed by a simple, secure payment and peace of mind for your trip.
If you'd prefer to book over the phone then simply place a free call to our UK based call centre to speak to one of friendly team members.
Is asthma a respiratory condition?
Asthma is indeed a condition that affects the respiratory system, in particular, the smaller airways. These smaller airways like the bronchi and bronchioles have an inner lining called the mucosa that's surrounded by a layer or muscle.
When someone suffers with asthma, the airways in the bronchi and bronchioles are chronically inflamed, meaning they are particularly sensitive to things like dust, pollen and smoke in the air. Asthma attacks are even triggered by such things as exercise and the common cold.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
You may be looking for medical conditions cover but unsure what cover you need for your condition. We understand that no two travellers are the same and neither are their medical conditions.
It's important to make sure you are fully equipped with the best holiday insurance policy. Have a look at our various medical pages to find out more about your condition, if there's one we haven't addressed then please make a call to our friendly booking team for more information.
Top tips for travelling with asthma
- Discuss your holiday plans with your doctor four to six weeks before you travel they may have some advice relevant to your particular needs and will want to review your personal asthma action plan.
- Choose your destination wisely humid climates will contain high levels of pollen and mould; cold countries can be problematic for those whose asthma is triggered by low temperatures. Avoid staying in polluted cities or anywhere there are pets, smoke or a lack of air-conditioning.
- Carry all your asthma medicines as hand luggage take a little extra in case of emergencies and bring a list of all your prescribed medicines, or ask for a letter from your doctor. Keep your medicines in their original packaging, and find out the names of your medication in your destination and how you can get medical help there. Remember to check out up to date security and baggage restrictions.
- Contact the airport and your airline in advance if you think you will need any special assistance or equipment before or during your flight.
- Ensure your nebuliser is serviced if you have one and don't forget a mains adaptor suitable for the country you're visiting. Asthma UK has a very useful section on travelling with asthma.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- Multiple Sclerosis Travel Insurance
- Prostate cancer travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
- Latitude Travel Insurance
- Senior travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel health insurance
- Holiday insurance
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic Travel Insurance
- Standard Travel Insurance
- Premium Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Under 18's Travel Insurance
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Compare Travel Insurance