Make a memorable trip to Thailand with a great value travel insurance policy starting from just £23.50* to cover your worldwide travel
Advice for visiting Thailand
If you are travelling between 25th and the 29th of October 2017, there will likely be significant disruption to traffic in central Bangkok, due to it being the cremation ceremony of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Expect large crowds of people and road closures - particularly around the areas closest to the ceremony.
Travel insurance for Thailand
There is plenty to do in Thailand, and Holiday Extras generous travel cover can help you to make the most of your time in one of the worlds friendliest countries. Whether you choose Bangkok, or a northern city like Chiang Mai, our baggage cover will help you relax during your trip. And if you decide to trek far from the beaten track, all of our travel insurance policies include additional activity cover, and medical cover to ensure that declared pre-existing conditions are less of a hindrance.
Choosing your insurance provider
Getting cover for your trip to Thailand need not be expensive or stressful. The three levels of Holiday Extras protection allow you to pick up just the right amount of cover:
- Basic cover provides £500 of cancellation cover per person, £1 million for medical costs, and £1,500 for baggage.
- Standard cover includes cancellation costs of £1,000 per person, medical cover of £2 million and baggage cover at £1,500.
- Premium cover increases your medical protection to £5 million, cancellation cover to £5,000 per person, and offers £1,500 of baggage cover.
Holiday Extras worldwide travel insurance gives you complete peace of mind, with generous excess provided for most covers, including medical expenses. If you plan to make multiple trips our annual policy, with the same level of protection as Classic cover, could be the perfect option, and whichever you select children under 18 will travel free with an adult.
Booking your policy for worldwide travel
Booking is quick and easy, whether you choose to do so online or via our UK call centre. For extra help, our call centre operatives are delighted to oblige, and simply recommending a friend can earn you a ten per cent discount.
Most insurers require a certain amount to be paid for a claim to be considered: this is called the policy excess. The excess on Holiday Extras policies range from around £75-£100, with many sections of our cover requiring no excess at all. If you would prefer to avoid paying the excess for all of the sections of cover, we suggest adding the excess waiver to your policy.
Advice for trips to Thailand
Visas Thailands visa requirements are prone to change, so check the latest rules, and leave plenty of time for your application to go through.
Currency Thailand trades in the Thai baht. The country is inexpensive to visit thanks to advantageous foreign currency exchanges, but you should still shop around for the best rate in advance.
Health The World Health Organisation recommends a variety of vaccinations for travel to Thailand, including Typhoid and Rabies. Consult with your GP beforehand to ensure that you have all the inoculations that you need, as our medical cover will not protect you from conditions that you should have been immunised against.
Top attractions in Thailand
- Learn to scuba dive in Ko Tao, an idyllic island in the south of Thailand.
- Dance on the sands of Ko Pha-Ngan, home to the legendary Full Moon parties the biggest beach parties in the world.
- Cook up a storm in Chiang Mai, where secret Thai spices are revealed in abundance.
- Watch, or even participate in, Muay Thai a martial art honed on the streets of Bangkok.
- Ride elephants or bathe in waterfalls during a jungle trek in the Mae Hong Son Province.