Loading, please wait...
Whether you have cancer or have suffered in the past, find a travel insurance policy with peace of mind online or call our insurance experts on 0800 3160 308
Travel Insurance for patients with cancer
Coping with cancer is hard so we want to help by making your holiday stress-free. You may be having trouble finding an affordable travel insurance with a medical condition and perhaps faced with higher premiums from other providers. That's why we've worked hard alongside our underwriters to ensure we're providing the most comprehensive travel insurance policies with the most comprehensive cover to travellers who deserve it most.
Choosing us as your insurance provider
Holiday Extras Gold & Platinum policies have been rated 5 Star by Defaqto.
Our holiday insurance for cancer sufferers offers protection with both our single trip and annual travel policies. Included are benefits of up to £5,000 if you need to cancel your holiday, up to £2,000 if you lose your luggage or medicine and up to £10 million in medical expenses. We can cover you and everyone in your party for travel in the UK and abroad, including winter sports.
We always advise to speak with your GP or consultant for any medical travel advice before you book anything.
How to book online
To book online - or simply just to get a quote with your specific travel plans in mind - simply click below and bear in mind the following bits of information:
Location: Where are you going?
Dates: When will you be going, and how long for?
Money: The total cost of your holiday (including travel)
Health: Any pre-existing medical conditions?
If you encounter any problems whilst you're away, we have a 24-hour emergency helpline and a friendly team ready to assist you
Holiday Extras has you covered if the worst happens
Your biggest concern in booking your holiday is probably that you won't be able to go and your family be left with the bill. If you do have to cancel, then our policies could cover the cost of paying off your holiday up to a value of £5,000, so you can start getting excited about that trip of a lifetime without any niggling doubts.
Advice for travelling with cancer
- The first thing you should do in planning your holiday is to speak to your doctor about what is feasible for you and how your holiday can be managed. Ask them to write you a note confirming that you have cancer and how you treat it, including which type, brand and dose of medication you use, to help get you through any problems at airport security or if you lose your bag. You should also speak to your doctor about travel vaccinations as these can interact with cancer medications or be dangerous if you have a lowered immune system.
- Some cancer sufferers have a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis, so make sure you get up and walk around often on the plane and wear those fetching flight socks.
- Remember to take time zones into account when planning your doses of medicine.
- Avoid drinking tap water abroad, including ice cubes in your drinks, as there is a chance they could cause stomach distress, which can be dangerous for cancer patients.
- Some cancer sufferers may be more sensitive to the effects of strong sunlight, so ensure you use a high factor of sun lotion and keep covered.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
If you're looking to find a cheap travel insurance policy for a different medical condition, you can find all the information you need on our medical conditions page.
Cancer, no problem & no massive charges - Buying travel insurance was so easy & simple, health issues I thought may possibly be a bit awkward were so straightforward and the price was great which was a lovely surprise after quite a large increase in price from my previous company. People like myself who've had cancer can find it difficult to get reasonably priced travel ins so this was a dream come true. I'm a convert, thank you very much.Caroline, Manchester - 5 out of 5
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Fibromyalgia Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lung Cancer Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Myeloma Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions:
- Travel Insurance Child with Medical Conditions
- Travel Insurance for Child with Autism
- Travel Insurance for Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Travel Insurance for Child with Heart Conditions
- Travelling with a Disabled Child
- Child Travelling with Medication
- Additional information:
- Do you have to declare medical conditions for travel insurance?
- Are mental health conditions classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What is classed as a pre-existing medical condition?
- What medical conditions can stop me from flying?
- Travelling with Arthritis
- Travelling with Diabetes
- Travelling with Medication
- Guide to Flying with Back Pain
- Which countries have the best medical care?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis when Travelling
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travel vaccinations:
- Travel Vaccinations
- BCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Polio Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Upgrade your policy with extra cover to suit how you like to travel:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Coach Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Cheap Travel Insurance Europe
- Cheap Travel Insurance Worldwide
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Single-Trip Family Travel Insurance
- Annual Family Travel Insurance
- Over 50's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 75's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Over 85's Travel Insurance
- Student travel:
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Nomad Travel Insurance
- School Trip Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Sports cover:
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Camping Travel Insurance
- Football Travel Insurance
- Horse Riding Travel Insurance
- Hiking Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Kitesurfing Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Travel Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba Diving Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Surfing Travel Insurance
- Trekking Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Further information:
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Brexit and Travel
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- EHIC Information
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- Group Travel Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Independent Travel Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Travel insurance advice for your destination:
- European Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Costa Rica
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Hong Kong
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Visa Waiver Program
- B1 visa
- B2 visa
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.