Loading, please wait...
Enjoy international travel to far-flung destinations with the best value cover starting from * per person.
Holiday insurance for travelling worldwide
Bags packed and you're off to see any four corners of the globe. Naturally, this prospect tends to knock 'buying your insurance policy' down to the bottom of your listed priorities. We totally understand! However, booking your travel insurance policy is an absolute must before trekking around the UK or taking your travel worldwide.
Like any adventure, things won't always run smoothly. Finding the right travel insurance policy can provide protection in the case of an emergency including any cancellations, medical costs and any personal possessions lost or stolen. Starting from as little as * per week, you're ready to see the world.
Holiday Extras' world travel insurance is cost effective. We'll always take your destination into account. Whether your policy is inclusive or exclusive of the USA, Canada or the Caribbean can mean a smaller price to pay. With such high medical costs in the USA, exclusive policies are often cheaper.
Types of cover
We have two types of policies and four levels of cover, flexible enough to suit how you like to travel. If you are planning the holiday of a lifetime, a single trip policy provides cover for up to 365 days.
Perhaps you are a more frequent traveller, if so you may be better off purchasing an annual multi-trip policy. If you travel more than twice a year, it is a very cost-affective way to insure your travels. Using a multi-trip policy, you are entitled to cover for unlimited trips across 12 months, given that each trip does not exceed a maximum of 45 days.
Levels of cover
Depending on your budget, we have a level of cover to suit every traveller to their journey. With high levels of protection and a 24 hour emergency contact team, there's no compromising on your cover.
- Bronze cover offers £500 of baggage insurance and another £1000 of cancellation cover per person, as well as £5 million towards medical costs.
- Silver cover provides medical cover of £10 million, baggage cover at £1,500 and cancellation insurance of £2,500 per person
- Gold cover raises your medical protection to £10 million, baggage cover to £2,000 and cancellation cover to £5,000 per person.
- Platinum cover raises your medical protection to £10 million, baggage cover to £2,000, cancellation cover to £5,000 per person and £500 for personal money, passport and documents.
Travelling the world
- Remain mobile on lengthy journeys, whether you're flying, driving or taking a plane or ferry. Sitting still for long hours can exacerbate medical health problems, and can even cause deep vein thrombosis.
- Bring plenty of medical supplies with you, particularly if you have a pre-existing condition. On long flights you are unlikely to be able to restock if you have a medical condition, and medical supplies can be hard to find and expensive in foreign countries.
- Restrict your plans in the immediate aftermath of a long flight. When your plane arrives you'll be tired and jetlagged, so allow yourself some time to relax and recover.
- Plan ahead. Arranging accommodation and transport from a port or airport will come as a real relief for tired travellers, who then have extra time to recharge before they begin exploring.
To find some more great travel tips, visit our Holiday Extras blog where you can also explore worldwide destinations!
It's important to know what you are covered for, but it is equally important to know what your cover doesn't include! We have a winter sports cover available to add to all our policies, protecting all of your hired ski equipment and providing avalanche cover. So if you are heading to the mountains for ski-season, it might be best to top up your coverage to keep you protected all through the year.
Receiving your worldwide travel insurance policy
Looking after your travel insurance policy is delightfully simple. No matter how many printed policies you lose, there will always be a copy safely stored in your e-mail inbox, so it's important you provide us with a correct e-mail address when booking online. If you'd prefer to receive your travel documents in the post, that can be arranged too by just calling our free friendly UK call centre on 0800 977 5171 to speak to one of our team.
Always remember to keep a printed version of your travel insurance policy with you whilst travelling.
Cancelling your policy
It is possible to cancel your international travel insurance policy within 14 days of making your purchase, during which time, we can fully refund your payment. If your cancellation falls outside of this duration then it is still possible to cut ties with your policy but unfortunately we are not able to provide a refund.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
It can be difficult to find a cheap provider of worldwide travel insurance whilst suffering with a medical condition. With a potentially higher need for medical assistance whilst abroad, at Holiday Extras it doesn't always have to mean a higher price. We have a dedicated team on-hand to organise a tailored quote, so we can provide a policy that is individual to your holiday and your condition. As long as you are aged 85 and under and have disclosed all pre-existing conditions - including the conditions you've successfully defeated- we are more than happy to provide fully comprehensive cover on both a single trip and annual basis.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.