Loading, please wait...
Enjoy international travel to far-flung destinations with the best value cover starting from * per person.
Holiday insurance for travelling worldwide
So your bags are packed and an intercontinental adventure awaits you. Naturally, this exciting prospect could knock 'buying a travel insurance policy' down to the bottom of your priority list. However, booking a reliable travel insurance policy before embarking on your trip is an absolute must, and could potentially save you thousands of pounds in the event of having to make a claim.
With any holiday, there's always the possibility that things won't run as smoothly as you might like. Finding an appropriate travel insurance policy can provide much needed cover in case of cancellations, medical emergencies or the loss and theft of personal possessions. Starting from as little as * per week, you can enjoy peace of mind as you travel the world.
With Holiday Extras' worldwide travel insurance, we always take your destination into account. Whether you plan to travel to such destinations as the USA, Canada or the Caribbean will affect the price of your insurance. For example, with such high medical costs in the USA, you may find that policies excluding this destination could be comparatively cheaper than those that include it.
Types of cover
We have two types of policies and four levels of cover, giving you the freedom to chose exactly how much cover you feel is necessary for your trip. If you are planning the holiday of a lifetime that could last several months, then a single trip policy provides cover for up to 365 days**. Please note that age limit restrictions
For more frequent travellers it may be worth purchasing an annual multi-trip policy, as this gives you cover for an unlimited number of trips throughout a 365 day period. Please note that each trip must start and end in the UK and can't exceed the maximum trip duration stated in your policy wording. Your trip will also need a minimum of 1 night stay for cover to be valid, as our annual travel insurance won't cover for day-trips.
Levels of cover
We have a range of cover levels, meaning that you can choose for yourself just how much cover you need according to your budget and the nature of your holiday.
- Bronze cover offers up to £500 of baggage insurance, £1000 of cancellation cover per person, and £5 million towards medical costs.
- Silver cover provides medical cover of up to £10 million, baggage cover of up to £1,500 and £2,500 cancellation insurance per person.
- Gold cover increases your medical protection allowing you to claim up to £10 million, £2,000 for baggage cover and £5,000 for cancellation cover per person.
- Platinum gives you up to £10 million, £2000 baggage cover, £5,000 cancellation cover per person, £500 for personal money and £300 for lost passport and documents.
Tips for long-haul travel
- Remain mobile on lengthy journeys, whether you're flying, driving or taking a plane or ferry. Sitting still for long hours can exacerbate medical health problems, and can even cause deep vein thrombosis.
- Bring plenty of medical supplies with you, particularly if you have a pre-existing condition. On long flights you are unlikely to be able to restock if you have a medical condition, and medical supplies can be hard to find and expensive in foreign countries.
- Restrict your plans in the immediate aftermath of a long flight. When your plane arrives you'll be tired and jetlagged, so allow yourself some time to relax and recover.
- Plan ahead. Arranging accommodation and transport from a port or airport will come as a real relief for tired travellers, who then have extra time to recharge before they begin exploring.
To find some more great travel tips, visit our Holiday Extras blog where you can also explore worldwide destinations!
It's important to know what you are covered for, but it's also equally important to know what your cover doesn't include! We have winter sports cover available to add to all our policies, which gives you protection against piste closure, can be used to insure both hired and personal ski equipment.
Always remember to keep a printed version of your travel insurance policy with you whilst travelling.
Cancelling your policy
It is possible to cancel your international travel insurance policy within 14 days of making your purchase, during which time, we can fully refund your payment. If your cancellation falls outside of this duration then it is still possible to cut ties with your policy but unfortunately we are not able to provide a refund.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
It can be difficult to find a cheap provider of worldwide travel insurance whilst suffering with a medical condition. At Holiday Extras, we beleive that everyone should be able to benefit from reliable travel insurance cover, no matter the condition and at a reasonable price. That's why we work hard to make sure that we can deliver a policy that covers your condition for a resonable price. Be sure to have disclosed all pre-existing conditions in the medical screening process to give us the best chance of finding cover that suits your needs.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.