Travel to any four corners of the globe with one of our international travel insurance policies.
Suitcase packed and you're off to a far-flung destination of your choosing. Such an exciting prospect might push "booking travel insurance" to the back of your mind. We know it's not the most thrilling part of planning your travels but, a holiday insurance policy is a definite must-have for international travel.
Should the worst happen, the best travel insurance policy will ease any financial blow in the case of an emergency. All of our policies are flexible and provide cover for cancellations, medical treatment and any personal possessions stolen or lost.
Worldwide travel insurance doesn't always mean a high premium. We take into account your destination, giving you the option to include or exclude areas such as USA, Caribbean and Canada. Small details like these can save you money because with such high medical costs in the USA, exclusive policies can often be cheaper.
Types of cover
We have two types of policies and three levels of cover. All of our policies are flexible to suit how you like to travel. You might have one holiday planned this year in which case, a single trip policy provides cover for up to 365 days.
Or perhaps you travel frequently, if you are heading abroad more than twice this year we would always recommend you purchase an annual travel insurance policy. It is the most cost-effective way to insure your travels, you are entitled to cover for unlimited trips across 12 months, given that each trip does not exceed hx-insurance/days-per-trip days.
Levels of cover
There's a travel insurance policy to suit every traveller including medical cover, personal possessions cover and a 24/7 helpline for support when you need it most.
- Basic: £500 of cancellation cover per person, £2 million for medical costs and £500 for baggage.
- Standard: £1,000 of cancellation cover, £5 million of medical cover and £1,500 in baggage cover.
- Premium: offers the highest level £5,000 cancellation cover per person, with £10 million medical cover and £2,000 baggage cover.
Tips for international travel
- Look after your passport by making paper copies to store both at home and in your suitcase, so should you lose your passport, you can prove your identity. It might be a good idea to store a copy in your e-mail inbox as well.
- Visit your doctor before you go and make sure you have all medical supplies you might need, we stress the importance of this even more if you have a medical condition.
- Research your destination before you go to suss out the local hotspots and buy tickets online. This could save you some money by finding the best deals in advance and will also give you lots to look forward to!
- Remember to take a charger adaptor to stay connected with loved ones back home. It also means you can do some research in your hotel room.
Our Holiday Extras blog is full of ideal destinations for international travel, visit our worldwide destinations blog.
Additional cover options
Once you've chosen your travel insurance policy, you can upgrade your cover and include financial protection for other activities. If you enjoy winter sports such as skiing and snow boarding, it's important to purchase winter sports travel insurance in addition to your regular policy. You can also extend your policy to include cruise travel insurance, wedding travel insurance and golf cover for a safe tee-off.
Is it possible to cancel my policy?
It is possible to cancel your international travel insurance policy within 14 days of making your purchase, during which time, we can fully refund your payment. If your cancellation falls outside of this duration then it is still possible to cut ties with your policy but unfortunately we are not able to provide a refund.
How will I receive my international holiday insurance?
During the booking process, we'll ask for some personal details including your e-mail address. So no matter how many printed copies you might misplace, there will always be an electronic copy safely stored in your inbox.
We can arrange for your policy to arrive by post if you'd prefer. Simply let us know when you book by calling our free, friendly UK call centre to speak to one of our team who'll be happy to pop it in the post for you.
It is important to keep a printed version of your travel insurance policy safely tucked into your suitcase whenever you travel.
Finding travel insurance with medical conditions
A high level of medical cover is essential when choosing holiday insurance with a medical condition. At Holiday extras, that doesn't mean we hike up the premiums in return. Instead, we aim to provide flexible policies that are specifically tailored to you and your holiday. As long as you are aged 85 and under and have disclosed all medical conditions to us, you'll be eligible for fully comprehensive cover on both a single trip and annual basis.
- Holiday insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance