Loading, please wait...
Get full comprehensive travel insurance for your next trip, with policies starting from just £8.86*
Find the best travel insurance for seniors with Holiday Extras. Choose a single trip or annual trip policy for cover across UK, Europe and Worldwide.
Travelling can be a great experience whatever your age and you shouldn't have to accept higher premiums in order to do so. Book your travel insurance with Holiday Extras and you can benefit from affordable, easy to attain cover.
You might fall into one of the below age groups and are concerned about having the right level of cover, or are struggling to find travel insurance for seniors without all the convoluted conditions, let us help you.
Why choose Holiday Extras as your travel insurance provider?
We're proud of our medical insurance, which has been carefully arranged to ensure we are able to keep the premiums as low as they should be. Our insurance team specialise in arranging fully comprehensive policies for travellers with medical conditions.
Arranging travel insurance as a senior should be straightforward and great value. At Holiday Extras, we offer flexible policies for customers of all ages, with no age cap for our single trip customers. We can cover a wide range of medical conditions as long as you declare them, and our policies provide up to £10 million of medical cover for declared conditions. Up to £2,000 can be set aside to protect your baggage, and as much as £10,000 in cancellation cover can be provided for each person in your party. With a further £2 million of personal liability protection, you are supported generously throughout your trip.
Booking your senior travel insurance policy
We understand how important a quick and easy booking process is to our customers. Whether you choose to do so online or via our call centre support team, you might have to complete a short medical screening. It's not invasive, just a series of simple questions regarding your medical history. You can complete our online quote form above to begin or place a free call to our UK based helpline. Our team are always on hand if you need any assistance.
Most insurers require a certain amount to be deducted in the event of a claim: this is called the policy excess. The excess on Holiday Extras policies range from around £0-£150, with many sections of our cover requiring no excess at all. If you would prefer to avoid paying the excess for all of the sections of cover, we suggest choosing our Platinum cover level which has zero excess on all sections.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
If you need to declare a pre-existing medical condition, you can find all the information you need about our travel insurance with medical conditions policies by using the side bar menu to browse our pages.
Top tips for older travellers
- Plan ahead - Conduct the necessary research into your destinations, making sure, for example, that you travel during seasons when weather extremes are less likely.
- Inform people who you trust about your plans - Letting people know as you move between locations can make all the difference if something goes wrong, especially if you are travelling alone.
- Remain aware of your surroundings - This is particularly important when you are paying for goods, or withdrawing money from an ATM. If your valuables are vulnerable at any point, quickly scan the area for any potential problems.
- Contact your bank and telephone provider before leaving - If you use a bank card or your mobile phone in an unfamiliar location, your provider may become suspicious and suspend its use so it's best to inform them of your travel plans.
- Travel lightly - Large cumbersome backpacks will only tire you out and make you stand out as a tourist.
*Prices based on 1 adult aged 60 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling to Europe inc Spain/Cyprus/Malta/Turkey or Greece for 7 days. Price correct as of April 2019.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.