Loading, please wait...
Croatia travel insurance
Whether you're lazing on the sun-baked shores of Split or kite-surfing in the Kvarner bay, you'll want comprehensive, reliable travel insurance for greater peace of mind and to enjoy your trip to the full.
Here's what you can expect from Holiday Extras travel insurance policies:
Up to £10 million medical cover - Should you be taken ill or sustain an injury, we'll foot the bill for the medical costs, meaning you won't need to worry about the cost of any emergency medical treatment
Up to £5000 cancellation cover - This means you won't be left at a loss if you have no choice but to cancel your trip
Up to £2000 personal possessions cover - this provides protection for your baggage and personal belongings from theft and loss.
24/7 helpline - You'll have access to a friendly support team on hand around the clock.
Cover for missed flights, lost passports and much more.
What about pre-existing medical conditions?
Here at holiday extras, we believe that everyone should be able to benefit from comprehensive travel insurance at a reasonable rate. We've worked hard to provide fairly priced travel insurance for those with pre-existing medical conditions. Just complete the brief online screening process to receive a quote tailored to your needs.
Looking for holiday inspiration?
Things to do in Croatia...
Visit Dolan market - Situated at the centre of the city, Zagreb's famed farmers market is truly worth visiting, not only for the local produce on offer, but also to experience a mercantile tradition that has been alive for over 100 years.
Take a trip to the Plitvice Lakes - Located roughly 80 miles south of Zagreb, in central Croatia, the Plitvice Lakes National Park is a beautiful forest reserve known for it's limestone canyon, waterfalls and 16 terraced lakes. With numerous hiking trials and opportunities for adventure sports, it's the perfect location for a more active holiday.
Explore the ancient city of Dubrovnik - with an eclectic architecture ranging from baroque, to renaissance to gothic style as well as some of the most attractive beaches along the Adriatic coast, Dubrovnik should be top of the list of Croatian cities to check out
What to eat and drink in Croatia
Croatian cuisine is rich and diverse, with each region having it's own distinct culinary style and signature.
Pasticada steak - Often dubbed the "Queen of Dalmatian cuisine", Pasticada is a simple, hearty dish of baby beef stake fillet, marinated in wine vinegar, slow braised in red wine, and served with gnocchi.
Buzara shellfish - a method of preparing shellfish widely used in coastal Croatia. The crustaceans are briefly cooked in white wine with garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs, before adding tomato paste to the mix.
>Mantra soup - a hearty bean soup hailing from the Istrian region, manestra is slow cooked for hours on low heat with pancetta, garlic, parsley and other cured meats.
Strukli - a delicious pastry dish filled with cottage cheese and sour cream and baked in the oven, strukli is the ultimate croatian comfort food and a definite must-try.
Medvedgrad craft beer - be sure to grab a bottle of this delicious Croatian brewed craft beer. With many varieties from Black india pale ale style to belgian inspired wheat beers.
Basic Croatian greetings
Hello - Bok
Goodbye - Dovidenja (Doh-vee-jeh-nyah)
Please - Molim
Thank you - Hvala (Hvah-lah)
Cheers - Zivjeli (Zhee-ve-lee)
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.