Travel insurance for Denmark
With stately castles, rugged wild lands, and bustling trendy cities, Denmark has it all. Here's how our comprehensive travel insurance can safeguard all aspects of your trip.
Here's what you can expect from Holiday Extras travel insurance policies:
Up to £10 million medical cover - Should you be taken ill or sustain an injury, we'll foot the bill for the medical costs, meaning you won't need to worry about the cost of any emergency medical treatment
Up to £5000 cancellation cover - This means you won't be left at a loss if you have no choice but to cancel your trip
Up to £2000 personal possessions cover - this provides protection for your baggage and personal belongings from theft and loss.
24/7 helpline - You'll have access to a friendly support team on hand around the clock.
Cover for missed flights, lost passports and much more.
What about pre-existing medical conditions?
At Holiday Extras we believe that everyone should be able to enjoy a holiday free from worries, with full confidence in their travel insurance policy. What's more, we beleive this cover should be available to everyone at a reasonable rate. That's why we've teamed up with Latitude insurance to deliver comprehensive cover for medical conditions all for a reasonable price. Just complete the quick online screening process for your own bespoke quote today.
Cycling - In the major cities and towns, travel by bicycle is the most popular means of transport, and there are numerous cycle paths criss-crossing the country.
Car hire - Most areas in Denmark are easily accessible by car, which makes touring Denmark on 4 wheels a very popular option.
Places to visit in Denmark
Tivoli amusement park - first opened on the August 15th 1843, Tivoli is the second oldest running amusement park in the world and an absolute must for visitors to the city of Copenhagen. With magnificent architecture, beautiful gardens and nostalgic rides, there's truly something for everyone.
Mols Bjerge National Park - A rugged landscape of meadows, marshes, wood and heathland, Mols Bjerge is the perfect spot for hikers and nature lovers.
Elsinore - A bustling port city first established in the 15th century, Elsinore is also home to the world's most famous castle, Kronorg, which was the setting for Shakespeare's Hamlet. If you plan to visit the city, try to time your stay so that you can attend the performance of the play that is held annually in the city.
Odense - famous as being the childhood home town of the legendary story teller, Hans Christian Anderson, Odense contains many attractions including Denmark's ordest art museum, an old Viking castle, and Funen Village, a museum which provides an insight into what life was like in the village as Anderson was growing up there.
Food in Denmark
Smorrebrod - a traditional decorated open sandwich, with origins tracing back to the late 19th century. Often made with rye bread, topped with herring, pickles and herbs and served with snaps.
Danish hot dogs -The Danish are extremely proud of their hot dogs and we don't blame them! Fried onions, pickles and remoulade (a sweet yellow sauce sometimes flavoured with curry, chopped pickles or piccalilli)
Danish pastries - Yes, the best place to taste Denmark's most famous export is in the country itself! After sampling a the baked delights here, you won't be able to eat a shop bought pastry back home without feeling disatisfied...
Paying for things
Like most Scandinavian countries, Denmark is notoriously expense for just about everything. There's a hefty 25% tax on all goods, making for eye-wateringly high prices.
Though part of the european union, the Danish use the Danish Krone, which you'll see rendered as DKK
coffee - 30 DKK
Pint of beer - 70 DKK
3-course meal, 2 people at a mid-range restaurant - 500 DKK
Basi Danish expression and greetings
Even though most people in Scandinavia speak perfect english, knowing a few phrases in the local language is a simple trick that can help you win over the locals.
Tak - thankyou
Goddag (goo-day) - hello
Godmorgen (gol-mowen) - Good morning
Farvel (fa-vel) - goodbye
Undskyld mig (uncool my) - Excuse me
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance