Loading, please wait...
Book your travel insurance to Finland today with Holiday Extras, with prices starting from only *
Travel Insurance to Finland
Heading off to Finland? After you've packed your winter coat, snow boots and Euros, you'll want to take out a travel insurance policy to boot, protecting you and your holiday. Whether you decide on either a single or annual policy, you can then select 1 of 4 levels of cover to suit your Finnish frolic.
Is Finland an expensive country?
Finland is considered to be an incredibly expensive country to visit, on average you will need around 120 euros a day during your stay for a low budget trip, eating at cheap restaurants outside of the tourist areas and staying at budget hotels.
What is the best time of year to go to Finland?
The best time to visit Finland for winter activities is in January, avoiding the coldest months of the year whilst also allowing you to enjoy winter activities such as seeing the Northern Lights.
However, if you prefer warmer weather, early summer is best as the temperature starts to drop in August. To fully relax and enjoy your stay, you may want to consider getting travel insurance to ensure that you're fully covered.
What is the best time of year to see the Northern Lights in Finland?
The Northern lights can be seen in Finland between mid-August and April, with the best viewing times being at either end of the season. The best time is around the equinox as the solar wind increases then.
Top 5 things to see and do in Finland
1. See the Northern Lights
Stretching deep into the Arctic circle, Finland is the perfect place to see this infamous colourful light display and put a tick on the bucket list. If you are less of a winter person, the northernmost parts of Finland have a midnight sun during the summer, where the sun lasts all night long.
2. Visit Suomenlinna Fortress
One of Finland's seven UNESCO sites, Suomenlinna fortress stands on six linked islands off the Finnish coast. An important military base during the 18th century, it is now perfect for day trips from Helsinki.
3. Discover the Moomins
There are a large number of attractions to explore in relation to these fictional national treasures. From Moominland in Nantaali to the recently opened Moomin café in Lapland, there is a host of activities available for the young and old to cherish fond memories of our favourite literary characters.
4. Find amethysts at the Lampivaari Amethyst mine
You will be taught how to dig for your own amethysts at this 200 million-year-old attraction, taking a snowmobile or hiking up to the old mine, the last amethyst mine in Europe.
5. Explore the islands
Finland is known as the "land of a thousand lakes," so island hopping is perfect here, with over 18000 islands to discover, some of which are uninhabited.
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- - Voted best insurance provider 11 years running.
- - Policies with no excess available.
- - UK based contact centre and 24/7 helpline.
- - No maximum age on single trip policies.*
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.