Loading, please wait...
Norway travel insurance
With breath-taking sprawls of verdant wildland, majestic glaciers and serene coastal fjords, Norway is a popular destination for hikers, photographers and anyone looking to be inspired.
If you're planning a trip to the land of the midnight sun, taking proper travel insurance is a wise move to ensure peace of mind and an enjoyable trip. Here's how our travel insurance policies can help you get the most out of your trip:
Up to £10 million medical cover - medical costs abroad can be cripplingly expensive. With our medical cover, you are covered up to £10 million for emergency medical expenses, should you need to receive treatment while abroad for an injury or illness.
Up to £5000 cancellation cover - Sometimes cancellations are unavoidable. With our cancellation cover, this means you won't be left at a loss if you have no choice but to cancel your trip.
Up to £2000 baggage cover - providing protection for your baggage and personal belongings from theft and loss.
24/7 helpline - You'll have access to a friendly support team on hand around the clock. †
Cover for missed flights, lost passports and much more.
What about pre-existing medical conditions?
At Holiday Extras, we believe that everyone should benefit from comprehensive travel insurance at a fair rate, even if they have pre-existing medical conditions. To receive and accurate quote for your conditions, we encourage you to complete the brief online screening processes.
Places to visit in Norway
Trondheim - The thirds largest city in Norway, and the country's ancient capital, Trondheim is the place to visit if you are looking to immerse yourself in Norway's rich history.
Svalbard - if you are looking for a more visceral experience of Norway's natural beauty, then a trip to the northernmost permanently inhabited spot on the planet may be just for you. A photographer's dream, Svalbard is an island largely untouched by human habitation, and home to incredible wildlife like polar bears, reindeer, seals and walruses.
Western Fjords - Norway's famous fjords can, of course, be found throughout the country, however, those found in the Western regions are some of the most impressive. The Trollstigen road, Nigardsbreen and Geirangerfjord are just a few of the places worthy of any bucket-list.
Paying for things
Norway is one of the most notoriously expensive countries you can visit, with Oslo being one of the most expensive cities on earth, so you'll have to scrimp and save where you can. Some visitors to Norway restrict themselves to just one meal out per day, the rest of the time eating food from the supermarket.
- Alcohol is especially expensive here, with a hefty 25% tax being added to any beer, wine or spirits with an alcohol percentage above 5%.
- A pint of beer will cost around 86 NOK - around £7-8
- Cheapest varieties of wine - 400 NOK (approx £33)
- A meal at the mid-range restaurant - 800 NOK excluding alcohol (approx £67.48)
Whatever you decide to do, remember that this is not a cash-based community - everywhere has card payment terminals, even street food stalls and the smallest of shops.
Gravlax - salmon cured with salt, sugar dill and traditional aqevit, usually served with a dill and mustard sauce on bread or boiled potatoes.
Brunost - a brown cheese made from milk, cream and whey, the brown colour comes from the caramelised sugars, so it's almost like caramel cheese!
Flesk og duppe - A traditional Norwegian dish, literally translated as bacon and sauce, flesk og duppe is a delicious combination of fried crispy pork rashers with season vegetables, served with bechamel sauce.
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour emergency assistance service for help and advice. Full details can be found on page 4 of the policy wording.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.