Give our team a call and quote agent, or book online to find the best policy
Travel Insurance for HIV
Here at Holiday Extras, we know that it can be daunting trying to find travel insurance for a HIV positive diagnosis - which is why we're on a mission to make the experience as effortless as possible.
Our reasonably-priced policies are designed to provide substantial cover for your condition, so you can rest easy knowing all eventualities are accounted for. Our team are on-hand to help provide a stress-free booking experience, and ensure your medical insurance policy caters to your specific needs.
All policies come equipped with cover for medical emergency expenses, repatriation, and lost medication as well as cover for cancellation and curtailment. Simply enter your travel information into the quote form to find out more.
Check out the reviews here
How do I declare my condition?
Our screening questions have been designed with you in mind - we know it can be harrowing to discuss your condition, but our straightforward booking process will ease any discomfort and help you find the right cover for you.
Just pop your details into the engine at the top of the page, and you'll be taken through to the medical screening. From there, you'll be asked a few questions regarding your condition - if you're unsure of any answers, we recommend you check with your doctor to ensure your policy is suitable.
To give you an idea of what you'll be asked, we may want to know:
- if you've started a new antiviral drug in the last 3 months (or if one is planned)
- what your latest CD4 count is
- if you've been asked or advised to start or alter antiviral treatment, but chosen not to
Use the quote form above to start your medical screening - or alternatively, you can call our Kent-based insurance team if you need a helping hand.
How do we calculate the price of your policy?
To give you an accurate and fair price for your policy, our team of insurance experts take into account a number of factors before giving you a quote.
- Level of risk - Our insurers assess the severity of your condition, doing so based on the answers you provide during your screening.
- Age - The likelihood of having to make a claim increases generally tends to increase according to the age of the traveller, so this is taken into account when we draw up your policy.
- Destination - With some locations, the only suitable healthcare facilities available are privately run, and so cost more. In this case, you may find that the price of your policy is slightly higher to reflect this.
Looking for information regarding a different condition?
Be sure to have a read up on our pre-existing conditions travel insurance.
- Find more information about cover for your condition below:
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure
- HIV Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- Multiple Sclerosis Travel Insurance
- Prostate cancer travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with medical conditions travel insurance
- Cruise travel insurance with medical conditions
- Latitude Travel Insurance
- Senior travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Our policies:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic Travel Insurance
- Standard Travel Insurance
- Premium Travel Insurance
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Under 18's Travel Insurance
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Compare Travel Insurance