Loading, please wait...
Finding reliable holiday insurance without the sky-high premiums can be challenging when you hit 85 years of age. This can be because at such an advanced age, it's likely that senior travellers have more than one medical condition.
Thankfully, with Holiday Extras there's no upper age limit* meaning if you are 85 years of age or above, you can still benefit from comprehensive travel insurance without the sky-high premiums.
Just be sure to complete the online medical screening process when applying for travel insurance with us, so we are aware of any pre-existing conditions the senior traveller may have.
- Competitive and reliable holiday insurance you can trust
- Voted best travel insurance provider for 11 years running, with Globe Travel Awards
- Tailored policies for customers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10 million in medical cover and up to £5000 in cancellation cover
Medical cover - this means that you are covered for any emergency medical treatment you might need to receive during your trip including, ambulance services, hospital stays, and any medication the doctor prescribes to you. This part of your cover won't cover for routine check-ups or medication that has already been prescribed to treat a pre-existing medical condition.
Cancellation - with cancellation cover, your money is protected should for some reason your travel bookings or reservations be cancelled, meaning you won't have to take the financial loss.
Baggage cover - This part of your policy protects you from financial loss should the airline lose your baggage during the course of the journey. You'll also be compensated for any delay in receiving your lost baggage from the airline.
Single Trip and Annual Trip Policies
- Cover one trip up to 365 days
- £10 million medical cover
- £5,000 cancellation cover
- £2,000pp baggage cover
- 24/7 UK emergency helpline.†
- UK, Europe & Worldwide cover
- Cover multiple-trips per year
- up to £10 million medical cover
- up to £5,000 cancellation cover
- up to £2,000pp baggage cover
- 24/7 UK emergency helpline †
- UK, Europe & Worldwide cover
Our cruise cover can cover everyone in your party. Our helpline is here to provide support throughout the process as well as while you're away, and our personal liability cover is reassuringly high - up to £2 million.
How do I book travel insurance for over 85's?
The booking process with Holiday Extras is designed to be simple and stress free. It's also quick - you can book from the comfort of your home and over the phone by placing a call to our friendly, UK based team. Our booking procedure is discreet, and we'll provide you with a single, unambiguous cost once it's complete, so that you understand exactly what's covered.
Tips for travelling with Seniors
Choose the right time of day to travel - Seniors will not have the same energy and vigour that they might have had when they were younger. As such, it's best to avoid travelling early in the morning or late at night as this can be exhausting. The best flight times for seniors is mid-morning or early afternoon.
Book a flight with no stop-overs if possible - It's highly recommended to book a long-haul flight with no stop-overs, as this will greatly minimise the potential for stress, and the chance of a missed connection which will add more time to the overall journey.
Have medication in hand luggage - You should never place any important medication in the checked-in luggage, as this will obviously mean you won't have access to it during the flight. It's best to take such medication in a small piece of hand luggage, stowed close to the place were the senior traveller will be sitting. It's also a good idea to bring along a list of medications and dosages, in case you should need to visit the doctors' during the trip.
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour emergency assistance service for help and advice. Full details can be found on page 4 of the policy wording.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.