Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive travel insurance for your next safari trip, with policies starting from just *
Travel Insurance with Safari cover
Finding reasonably priced, reliable travel insurance can be a tricky business when you are planning a safari holiday. Sometimes the hefty premiums charged can often make it look like insurers think you'll be having a go at lion-taming!
At Holiday Extras we can provide cover for your safari holiday at no extra cost to you, provided that you book your African safari trip while in the UK. Whether you're experiencing the wonders of the African wilderness on foot or taking in the scene from atop a jeep, Holiday Extras travel insurance can offer you fantastic cover.
Travel insurance for African safari
While it is common to simply book travel insurance with the tour provider, there is always a benefit in taking a moment to consider your options.
Policies offered by tour providers can be expensive, so it is always best to do your research before booking a trip. If you decide while you're out there to book a safari trip, making it a non-UK booked safari, then you will need to take out extra cover which will result in an additional premium, selecting Extra Activity Cover Pack 2.
Holiday Extras Travel Insurance
Our safari cover includes:
- Medical Emergency expenses including repatriation - up to £10 million
- Personal accident - up to £20,000
- Cancellation cover - up to £5,000
Self drive safari travel insurance
Please note that your safari holiday will need to have been organised by a recognised tour operator for cover to be valid. Any safari holidays independently organised, will not be covered.
Here's how you can stay safe while still having an amazing time:
- Listen to the advice of your guide and follow the game rangers' rules
- Don't be reckless and deliberately expose yourself to danger
- Never offer food to wild animals
While having a good time is important, failing to exercise caution and common sense could invalidate your cover should you need to make a claim. Following the advice of tour guides and using good judgement will serve you well and ensure you have a safe and satisfying trip.
Booking Holiday Extras Travel insurance with Safari cover
Booking travel insurance with Holiday Extras is easy:
1) Enter the details of your trip into the quote form at the top of the page.
2) Choose from, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels of cover.
3) Select any upgrades to add to your policy i.e. non-UK booked trips.
4) You're ready to go!
Safari travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions
If you have pre-existing medical conditions, this shouldn't stop you from booking travel insurance with Holiday Extras. Just be sure to declare any conditions you may have and we can provide a policy tailored to your specific requirements.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.