Loading, please wait...
Hitting the slopes? Get a travel insurance policy including snowboarding with our specialist winter sports cover
Snowboarding Travel insurance
Whether you're a seasoned shredder or a snowboarding novice, you'll want the most cost effective, reliable travel insurance policy for your snowboarding holiday. Snowboarding carries different risks to skiing and we've kept this in mind when putting our winter sports cover together. In this helpful guide, we'll look at how to avoid potential insurance issues and how to get the most out of your snowboarding insurance policy.
Winter Sports Add-on
- Equipment hire
- Personal equipment
- Up to £200 piste closure
- Up to £200 piste closure
- Avalanche Cover
- Friendly 24/7 UK based helpline †
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour emergency assistance service for help and advice. Full details can be found on page 4 of the policy wording.
Snow board equipment insurance
With any snowboarding holiday insurance, you will want to make sure that you have proper cover for your equipment, whether it's a hired board and gear that you're using, or your own kit.
The cover you receive for your ski and snowboarding equipment is often very similar to what you would be entitled to under the personal possessions section of your travel insurance policy. You should always check to see if the amount provided by your insurer for personal and hired equipment, matches the value of the equipment you're using, before you think about purchasing the policy. With Holiday Extras, you are covered for the loss, damage or theft of hired equipment up to £400 and your personal possessions up to £1,500.
Facing piste closures on a snowboarding holiday is perhaps one of the most frustrating things, and you don't want to make this worse by having no provision for compensation. A good snowboarding insurance policy will include protection against piste closure, allowing you to claim a set payment for every 24hrs that the piste remains closed.
If the pistes of your chosen resort remain closed and you end up having to snow board at a different resort, you can receive a payment of up to £10 per day for all reasonable travel costs and lift pass charges you have to pay. If there is no available alternative and you lose snowboarding days, then you can receive up to £20 for each full snowboarding day lost.
Levels of cover
Our single trip travel insurance policies come with a choice of either standard or premium level cover.
- Standard - cover offers £1,000 cancellation cover per person, £2 million for medical expenses and £1,500 of cover for your baggage.
- Premium - cover has £5,000 set aside for cancellations per person, £5 million medical cover and £1,500 for your baggage.
Annual Snowboard insurance
Frequent travellers can benefit from a Holiday Extras annual travel policy, which offers the same level of protection as Premium cover for multiple trips over the course of a year. You can then add up to 17 days of Winter Sports cover to your policy, to ensure that you are protected during your ski trips.
I have an EHIC card, do I still need snowboarding travel insurance?
More and more snow boarders are going on holiday without proper travel insurance, thinking that their EHIC card will be enough to cover them. There is however, no substitute for a proper travel insurance policy. EHIC cards only cover emergency treatment in state run hospitals and do not cover for treatment from local clinics. This could present a problem, as the first port of call for paramedics at a ski resort is usually the local clinic, treatment from which, the EHIC card does not cover. Neither does the EHIC card cover the cost of getting you off the mountain or repatriating you back to the UK, should you need it. Just by taking a little time to choose a proper travel insurance policy, you could be saving yourself a lot of money and stress.
Off-piste Snowboarding insurance
Some love the challenge of snowboarding 'off-piste', savouring the hunt for that prized virgin snow. While this is a great way to test out your skills, it's important to make sure you're actually covered for snowboarding off-piste. With our snowboarding insurance, you are covered for off-piste snow-boarding in recognised and authorised areas. To avoid invalidating your winter sports cover, you'll need to stick to the ski patrol guide lines, avoiding high risk areas and paying attention to weather warnings. For more information on off-piste winter sports activity, visit our off-piste skiing off-piste skiing page.
Snow boarding insurance with pre-existing medical conditions
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you shouldn't let this hold you back from getting snowboard holiday insurance with us. When booking your snowboard insurance, simply declare any medical conditions you may have, and we can tailor a policy specially suited to your needs.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.