Loading, please wait...
No deal, no problem
Protect your holiday from a no-deal Brexit, from just £14.99*
With the UK political climate in a state of constant flux regarding Brexit, it's understandable that if you have a holiday booked, you could have some concerns about travelling. This is nowhere more apparent than in the event of a no-deal Brexit. A no-deal scenario means that the UK would immediately leave the European Union, with no withdrawal period. For a more in-depth look into Brexit, and its potential impact, see here.
Brexit Disruption Cover is available as an add-on in both single and annual multi-trip policies, for individuals, couples, families and single parent families.
At Holiday Extras, we want to ensure that no matter where and when you're travelling, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, you can have enhanced protection.
If you have to cancel or curtail your holiday as a result of:
- Cancellation of flights between UK and EU airports
- Cancellation of ferries between UK and EU ports
- Cancellation of Eurostar trains between UK and EU
- Closure of the Channel Tunnel
Should you already be on your holiday and your return journey is disrupted in the event of a no-deal Brexit, then cover is also provided in the event of:
- Trip disruption
- Missed departure, Inbound and Outbound (missed departure does not apply to Bronze cover)
- Missed onward connection, Inbound and Outbound
- Delayed arrival back in the UK
Booking Brexit Disruption Cover
Holiday Extras Brexit Disruption Cover is available as an add-on to your travel insurance policy. To book, simply complete your initial travel insurance booking and select Brexit Disruption Cover from the list of optional add-ons. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to speak to someone, call our Kent-based call centre on 0800 316 0104, and one of our agents can talk you through the process.
Cover levels for Brexit Disruption Cover
For a full overview of cover levels, see below:
|If you are unable to go on your trip|
|If you missed your departure|
|If you miss your onward connection|
|If you decide to abandon your travel plans|
|If you have to cut your trip short|
|If your return to your home country or BFPO is delayed|
Our Brexit Disruption cover extension has exclusions that you need to be aware of, these can be found in the policy wording, importantly though:
Brexit Disruption Cover excludes ignoring any advice given by the UK Government on preparation for a no deal Brexit, and for which any necessary, passport changes, permits etc were available prior to any official announcement. We recommended reading up on all official government advice here.
Note: Brexit Disruption Cover is not available on cruise policies
As with all our travel insurance policies, you are entitled to a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of making your booking.
Frequently asked questions
We've compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions to give further insight into Brexit Disruption Cover.
Will domestic flights be covered if there is any delay/disruption?
No, cover is provided for trips to Europe via air, sea or rail and disruption to return journeys from Europe.
Will connecting/internal flight be covered?
Cover is in respect of flights from the UK to Europe and would not include internal European flights or internal UK connecting flights.
Will it cover for strikes/industrial action as a result of Brexit?
Cover in respect of strikes or industrial action would be as per the standard travel T&Cs, so if a strike was a known event prior to purchase no cover.
If I am BFPO, am I covered?
Yes, as BFPO are covered under all other policy sections as if their point of departure or return is the UK.
If I am delayed overseas for longer than 24 hours, am I able to claim for reasonable accommodation/transport costs?
No, but if you arrive in the UK more than 12 hours after your intended arrival etc on their return journey due to implications of a no deal Brexit then you are able to claim under the limits shown in your policy extension booklet.
If I miss my departure due to extreme traffic (such as lorries) but have taken reasonable extra time to travel due to checking travel reports, will this be covered?
Refer to standard Travel T&C's.
Will Brexit affect my policy if i'm taking a worldwide AMT
If you have a Worldwide AMT or looking to purchase an Worldwide AMT then as this covers Europe, also you may include Brexit cover.
For cruise policies - what cover will be available if there needs to be a change of itinerary, loss of excursions etc as a result of Brexit?
Brexit cover will not be offered under cruise.
What is 'no deal' Brexit?
In simple terms it is where the UK leaves the European Union without a deal allowing freedom of movement, trade agreements etc. For more information, visit here
What is Brexit?
For official government information, visit here
What is a 'hard Brexit'?
What will happen if I can't drive my car abroad?
The Brexit cover will not cover against claims where you have ignored any advice given by the UK Government on preparation for a no deal Brexit, where any necessary passport changes and permits were available to you prior to any official announcement.
*Price based on an individual Brexit Disruption Cover add-on, on a single trip policy. For full details on our cover levels, please consult our policy wording page
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.