Loading, please wait...
Grab great travel insurance cover for the sports you love from only *
Mountain Biking Travel Insurance
Mountain biking is pretty diverse and can offer opportunities for everyone. With us, mountain biking up to 1,000m is covered as standard in your policy. However, if you're a legend who lives for chasing the thrill and wants to crank things up a bit — say up to 2,000 — you will need to take out one of our Extra Activity Cover levels: Pack 2. For mountain biking up to 2,000m, our prices start from *
It gives you a chance to escape from the world and experience hills, trails and nature on just two wheels. You can enjoy the endurance and skill of cross-country, the speed of soaring downhill, or a pleasant family trail ride — there is something for everyone to enjoy. The fun stops though if your plans change, part of your gear gets stolen or someone has an accident. However, if you book comprehensive travel insurance you will be covered with medical cover, lost luggage cover and cancellation cover for your trip.
Protect yourself and your gear
Holiday Extras offers great mountain biking travel insurance for your holiday. We have Bronze, Silver Gold cover or Platinum levels of holiday insurance to choose. You can get cover for either a single trip, of up to 365 days, or you can enjoy a year of unlimited travel with our annual policy (given that each trip does not exceed a maximum of 45-day period). Our policies include:
|Personal money, Passport,|
Still have questions? You can either book the policy online or call our UK-based call centre and speak directly to a member of our insurance team on 0800 316 0104and quote WY992.
Mountain biking can make the wheels go round!
There are a variety of events you can enjoy when mountain biking; these include downhill, cross-country and four cross. This high-energy sport can be enjoyed in a variety of venues. Cross-country mountain biking can be in a parkland, woodland or on forestry sites of your choice. The tricky terrain can include climbs, descents and all manner of technical features.
Be careful if youre headed downhill
Downhill mountain biking can be an extreme sport in itself. A downhill course, similar to a cross-country course, is usually created specifically for an event and can include jumps and drop-offs, but if youre heading straight downhill then bear a few things in mind. Travelling downhill is super fun and, thanks to gravity, can get you places quickly without too much fitness being needed to enjoy the adrenaline but with this, and all mountain biking, its important to think about safety (and not just ensure you have the right mountain biking travel insurance cover).
Staying safe and enjoying the ride
Accidents can happen so here are a few handy tips to keep you and your loved ones safe along the journey:
- Always wear a helmet. You are responsible for protecting the most important thing on your bike trail - your brain. So put your helmet on.
- Wear the right gear. This could be gloves (to avoid any cuts or bruises on your hands) or body padding, and trainers without laces if that's preferable.
- Know your fitness levels. Dont push yourself too hard and take plenty of water with you.
- Have basic first aid training.
- Ride a safe mountain bike. This means a mountain bike that is well maintained; check the brakes, tyres and the mechanics to see if there are any problems before you start your journey.
- Apply oil to the chain. This will help extend the life of the chain and chain-set. It will also prevent this from breaking on the trail.
- Be sure to know where you are and where you are going on your trail - if it is possible be sure to let others know where you are going, what you will be doing, how many there are in your group and how long you expect to be gone. Then stick with your plan.
- Always wear a helmet
- Know your fitness levels
Top mountain biking destinations
The French Alps
With superb scenery and points of interest, the French Alps is an ideal holiday destination. The French Alps also has the best terrain for mountain biking where serious investment has been put into great-quality bike trails and tracks. There are specialist ski-lifts adapted for bikes and many mountain bikers travel from around the world to this destination, to enjoy many miles of the terrain. Just check the weather forecast before your travel and ensure you have enough water with you!
Mountain biking across the Scottish Highlands can be a great experience, from Fort William to Inverness. Along the way you can explore Highland villages, visit one of Scotlands beautiful castles, and hunt for the Loch Ness Monster. There are many places in Scotland to take your mountain bike and enjoy your holiday. Just watch out for any difficult terrain and check if its going to be a cold one!
Book your policy online, or call our friendly UK-based contact centre to discuss your options with our friendly insurance team on 0800 316 0104 and quote WY992*
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.