Loading, please wait...
What is End Supplier Failure Cover?
In a nutshell, End Supplier failure cover insures you against losing any money, should your hotel or travel company go bankrupt before or during the course of your holiday.
Why though, is End supplier failure cover such an important part of a holiday insurance policy? After all, doesn't the ATOL protection scheme already entitle you to the same cover for free?
The answer lies in the fact that while the Civil Aviation's ATOL protection scheme does provide cover for end supplier failure, this is only the case for travellers who have booked package holidays. If you have booked travel and accommodation independently, you have absolutely no protection...hence the need for travel insurance with End Supplier Failure cover.
What am I covered for?
Here's a breakdown of what most insurers will cover you for, and under which circumstances:
What is covered:
- Non-refundable travel and accommodation sums paid in advance, not forming part of an inclusive holiday.
- Extra pro-rata costs you have to pay to replace the failed arrangements, to a similar standard to that which was originally booked.
- If curtailment is unavoidable, the cost of return transport to your home country will be reimbursed, equal to the value of the travel arrangements already booked.
What isn't covered:
- Travel or accommodation not booked within the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland prior to departure.
- The financial failure of any travel or accommodation provider, when the threat of insolvency was known prior to booking the travel insurance.
- Anything that is recoverable elsewhere by other means.
Scheduled Airline failure
What is scheduled airline failure?
This is when the airline you were booked to fly with, becomes bankrupt before your journey. In this instance, you could potentially be left stranded in a foreign country, with the prospect of having to fork out for another plane ticket to get home.
Scheduled airline failure insurance
This is covered under End Supplier failure travel insurance and means that should the airline you were scheduled to fly with go bankrupt before your journey, the insurer will provide for a refund.
Making a Claim
If you ever find that you need to use your end supplier failure insurance, the first thing to do is to contact the insurers*. They will be able to provide you with help and advice as to what replacement services to use in your situation. Once they have agreed to the best replacement options for your situation, you can go ahead and book these - safe in the knowledge that you will be reimbursed for the extra expense.
*Please note that at this time, Holiday Extras do not provide support for end supplier failure cover.
- Business Travel Insurance
- Camping Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Kayaking Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Safari Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Snowboarding Travel Insurance
- Water sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- Windsurfing Travel Insurance
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.