Big January Giveaway - Click Here For More Details
Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance to Lanzarote
Get trustworthy and comprehensive travel insurance for your next trip to Lanzarote with policies starting from just *
Planning on a trip to Lanzarote to soak up some well-deserved sun? Well at Holiday Extras we abide by the motto: "less hassle, more holiday". Wanting you to have as much time for relaxing, we try to keep your time spent doing just that — not bogged down scrolling through hundreds of travel insurance policies.
After deciding whether you're in need of a single trip or an annual trip policy, you can then select 1 of our 4 flexible policies tailored around your trip:
Do you need any vaccinations to travel to Lanzarote?
As well as your routine vaccinations, you'll also need rabies and hepatitis A and B, as bats in the Canary Islands carry rabies, and there is some risk of foods being contaminated with hepatitis A in Lanzarote.
Do you need travel insurance for Lanzarote?
You need travel insurance to travel to most places in the world, and it's important that you take this out when travelling to Lanzarote so that you're covered for such events as missing your flight and passport theft. Your medical care will be covered by the EHIC, but pre-existing medical conditions will have to be covered by the right travel insurance.
Do I need a visa to travel to Lanzarote?
To enter Lanzarote, you will simply need to carry your passport, but you should check that your passport does not expire for six months after your visit.
Top 5 things to see and do in Lanzarote
1. Cueva De Los Verdes
These caves were formed by a volcanic eruption 4000 years ago and are known for their natural colour changes which make these caves look green due to an excess of salt and iron.
2. Timanfaya National Park
At Timanfaya National Park, you will be able to visit the location of the volcanic eruptions of the 1700s and explore the lava fields on a guided tour.
3. The Cactus Garden
Celebrate the latest Instagram trend at the Cactus Garden, home to 10,000 of our favourite spiny plants.
4. Monumento De Campasino
The Monumento De Campasino is dedicated to farmers and stands at 15 metres high. Whilst impressive, you should also visit the artisan craft markets and luxury restaurants that now surround it.
5. Rancho Texas Park
If you are with a child, or are a child at heart, visiting this water and animal park might be for you, with both waterslides and animals such as white tigers providing a day's entertainment.
European holiday destinations
Did you find our guide to travel insurance in the Canary islands helpful? Check out our other pages for more information on specific island destinations:
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.