Loading, please wait...
Enjoy solo-travel and find a great travel insurance policy
from just £7.54* per week with Holiday Extras.
Holiday insurance for independent travel
We know that planning your own adventure is an exciting prospect and holiday insurance might not be at the top of your travel checklist. It is however, an absolute must-have for any journey. At Holiday Extras, our policies offer great cover including: baggage and cancellation cover, medical cover for unforeseen treatments and declared medical conditions, plus a 24-hour emergency helpline to keep you feeling safe and secure throughout your holiday.
Travelling independently is the perfect opportunity to try the sports and activities you've always wanted to - that said, you might struggle on a tandem bicycle! Our policies already include cover for 100+ sports including water-skiing and safari trekking. But we can also extend your cover to include hobbies such as winter sports and golf. It's wise to consider these additional options if you are hiring equipment or travelling with your own!
Choosing Holiday Extras as your insurance provider
Independent travel is a bold move and should be rewarded. How about the best travel insurance policy? We've got two policy types and four levels of cover to keep our policies flexible. Our single trip travel insurance provides cover for up to 365 days. With this policy you can choose from the following levels of cover:
- Bronze - provides cancellation cover of £1000 per person, medical cover of £5 million, and £500 baggage cover.
- Silver - provides £2,500 cancellation cover per person, £10 million medical costs, and £1,500 baggage cover.
- Gold - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 baggage cover, and £10 million in medical cover.
- Platinum - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 personal possessions cover, £10 million in medical cover and £500 personal money, passport and documents cover as well as free cover for gadgets and weddings.
Annual travel insurance
You might be a frequent traveller, taking time out intermittently to see the world. In which case our annual travel insurance may be of benefit to you. It offers the same cover as our single trip policies but, on a multi-trip basis. This means you will benefit from protection for an unlimited amount of trips across 12 months - just make sure your trips don't exceed a maximum of 45 days.
Book your policy
Booking for one is always nice and easy, whether you choose to do so online or via telephone. Simply fill in the quote form above to compare our cover levels and to receive a quote. Or you can place a FREE call to our support team. They'll help you make a booking and provide any further information you might need.
Top tips for independent travel
Choose the right bag - Whether you are travelling as a backpacker or a city sight-seer, your bag becomes your life. The right size and shape will impact on how confident you are travelling. Our HX blog has explores some of the best backpacks for travel.
Battery packs - These are the newer must-have travel essential, varying in prices and styles to suit you budget. They'll keep you charged up and contactable throughout your trip.
Staying safe - Travelling to somewhere you're not used to is a scary prospect but just follow the same safety guidelines as you would travelling alone at home. Be aware of your surrounding, stick to well-lit and busier areas, try not to flash your expensive goods and be aware of pesky pick-pocketers!
*Price based on 1 adult aged 21 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling to Europe inc Spain/Cyprus/Malta/Turkey or Greece for 7 days. Price correct as of April 2019.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.