Loading, please wait...
Budapest Travel Insurance
Travelling to Budapest
Budapest is fast becoming one of the most popular holiday destinations in eastern Europe. As Hungary's capital, it offers a number of hidden gems — from the 'ruin bars' and the banks of the Danube, to the neo-Gothic tunnel that is Budapest's Great Market Hall to pick up the very best of its local produce.
Choosing the right policy for you!
While the UK is just about still part of Europe (see more on Brexit), you do still need European travel insurance for your Hungarian holiday. Starting from comprehensive plans, all the way up to premium cover, we have the flexibility to secure your well-deserved trip to this pearl of the Danube!
We like to think of ourselves as a fairly straightforward company maintaining our core values, and we feel that the same principles should be applied to when you buy holiday insurance. We have just two policies, with four levels of cover: single-trip or annual multi-trip insurance; bronze, silver, gold and platinum.
|Personal money, Passport,|
You can add extras on to your policy depending on the nature of your trip. If you plan on partaking on some extreme-ly fun sports (we'll see ourselves out...) such as caving underneath the streets of Budapest, then along with your helmet-mounted lamp, you will need travel insurance cover to safeguard your trip.
Other extras can include gadget cover, if you're prone to misplacing your phone after a tipple of Hungary's infamous pálinka! If this sounds like you then this (and wedding cover) are already included in the Platinum level of cover!
Top 5 things to see and do in Budapest:
1. Gellert Hill
Over 235 m high, Gellert Hill offers the best views of the river Danube and both the districts of Buda and Pest, as well as being crowned by Budapest's Statue of Liberty and other noteworthy monuments.
2. Buda Castle
With its vast underground system and galleries and museums, the castle is your one-stop-shop for culture, including the breath-taking architecture that makes it a World Heritage site.
3. Heroes' Square
The sometimes daunting square is filled with the statues of Hungary's seven chieftains and other noteworthy parliamentary individuals.
4. St. Stephens Basilica
This vast Roman Catholic Basilica is impressive both inside and out and is the largest church in Hungary. If this is not enough to win you over, the Basilica also holds regular organ concerts.
5. Hungary Parliament Building
Even from the outside, this building is worth visiting! It's more or less impossible to miss, due to its domination of the skyline of Budapest and its imposing structure on the banks of the Danube.
Is Budapest safe to travel to?
Hungary is a generally safe country, however, you should take precautions against crime, especially if you'll be visiting busy areas, bars, or using public transport, particularly at night.
Is English spoken in Budapest?
Although the first language is Hungarian, English is often spoken in the capital. However, English is less widely spoken in the countryside.
Click to learn more about travel insurance for Budapest.
Which city are you travelling to..?
Looking for more specific travel and insurance information on a particular european city? Take a look at our in-depth city guides...
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.