Loading, please wait...
Looking forward to your next city break in one of Ireland's most popular cities? Then protect your holiday with a travel insurance policy for Dublin today, starting from just *!
Dublin, the capital of the Republic of Ireland, is situated on Ireland's east coast. Dublin is a fantastic city break for both literary artefacts and cultural wonders, and being only a few hours from Britain, there could be no easier place for a short break. Whether you're keen to explore the iconic 18th century buildings of Trinity College and the history Book of Kells, or enjoy the Irish Museum of Modern Art, it's clear that Dublin offers sites you and the whole family can enjoy. While you might think you won't need travel insurance for Dublin, the ROI (Republic of Ireland) is in fact in Europe, so you will need a comprehensive and reliable European travel insurance policy before you start your adventure to ensure you are covered against unforeseeable and insurable circumstances during your holiday. With a Holiday Extras travel insurance packages we have four cover levels to choose from so you can create a tailor-made policy that is perfect for you, your wallet and Dublin!
Why choose travel insurance for Dublin with Holiday Extras?
- - Up to £10 million in medical cover
- - Choice of 4 different cover levels
- - Voted best insurance provider for over 10 years running
- - Over 25 years experience selling Travel Insurance
- - Single and annual policies available
- - No upper age limit on Single trip policies**
At Holiday Extras we provide comprehensive holiday insurance for your trip at a competitive price on either a Single trip or Annual Multi-trip basis. Our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum cover range from our basic to our premium level of cover. If a cheap travel insurance policy for Dublin is what you're after then you may prefer a simpler policy without the added extras, but bear in mind it's important you've got the right cover for all the extra activities you may take part in whilst you're away. A Holiday Extras policy could protect you against insurable (and otherwise unexpected) circumstances including:
- holiday cancellation and curtailment,
- lost baggage,
- lost passport,
- missed departures,
- holiday abandonment,
- or medical treatment.
Added extras - If you're keen to take your mobile phone to stay in touch with family and friends whilst you're on holiday, or you'd like to use your laptop to share a few selfies from the Guiness factory or Dublin's Temple bar, then you may like to purchase Gadget cover with your policy (for an additional premium). The great news is our Platinum travel insurance includes complimentary Gadget cover as standard and even Wedding cover, should this be required.
Compare travel insurance for your Dublin holiday
View our table below to compare the level of Dublin travel insurance provided for either a one off holiday or for an annual policy which will cover multiple European adventures! Let's help you choose the best cover for you, and suitable for your next holiday to one of Ireland's most beautiful cities!
Dublin travel insurance with medical conditions cover
If you, or another person travelling on your policy, have a pre-existing medical condition then you can book a holiday insurance policy with your medical conditions covered. We want you to know that at Holiday Extras we consider all medical conditions and offer cover for the majority of pre-existing conditions.
We have a 24/7 online medical screening process. If you currently have a medical condition, or have previously had one, then you will need to declare your condition(s) online during this screening process.
Booking your holiday insurance cover for Dublin
Choosing the right level of cover is straightforward and making a booking with Holiday Extras is just as quick and easy. To get a quote, or book your policy online, simply click below and bear in mind the following information:
Location: Where are you going?
Dates: When will you be going, and for how long?
Health: What pre-existing medical conditions have you had in the past, or present?
For a full breakdown of the policy wording then please visit our travel insurance policy documents page.
Can I travel to Ireland without a passport?
UK citizens, or British Nationals can enter both Northern and Southern Ireland without a passport. However, you will need a form of ID as that is often checked when passing through customs.
What documents are needed to travel to Ireland?
British nationals travelling from the UK don't need a passport to visit Ireland. However, according to the UK Government website, Irish immigration officers will check the ID of all passengers arriving by air from the UK and may ask for proof of nationality, particularly if you were born outside the UK. For these reasons it's advised you do take your British passport with you.
What are the best months for weather in Ireland?
The best months for weather are between May and September as these months have the least chance of rain or adverse weather conditions. However, it may be best to avoid the peak time between July and August.
Do I need travel insurance to go to Southern Ireland?
If you are travelling to Southern Ireland then getting adequate travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances and events can be a great way of gaining peace of mind before your journey (and potentially save yourself a great deal of money in the long run). With Holiday Extras you can tailor your policy to your specific needs and grab additional cover for activities including several extreme sports, if you fancy taking part in anything like that whilst you're away!
Top 5 things to do in Dublin
- Dublin Castle - Dublin Castle was built in 1202 and is now a tourist attraction and government complex, with important research at its heart such as the current Viking excavation.
- Kilmainham Gaol - Now fully restored, the Gaol has a sordid past infamous for its cruel treatment of inmates after the 1916 rebellion to British rule and is perfect for finding out about Ireland's history.
- Guinness Storehouse - The most visited attraction in the country, the Storehouse allows you to explore Guinness's lengthy history with over 9,000 items and even try the famous beer in the final rooms.
- Trinity College - Trinity College, one of the most famous academic colleges in the UK. It's open for visitors to explore the extensive Trinity College library.
- Temple Bar - Temple Bar is popular with tourists for its bustling atmosphere and a vast selection of restaurants and bars, giving tourists the ultimate nightlife experience.
Travel guide to Dublin
Check out our fun travel guide to Dublin below and see what fun awaits you - including how this old and beautiful city is much more than just the hedonistic destination for hen-dos and lads weekends away that it has been described as!
At a glance: Dublin
- How long does it take to fly from the UK to Ireland? It's super speedy to get to Dublin, because there isn't many miles between Ireland and the UK - the flight is just over 1 hour.
- What is the time zone in Dublin? GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) the same as the UK.
- Which airlines fly to Dublin from the UK? There are several airlines that fly from the UK to Ireland, including the most popular airlines from London to Dublin which are British Airways and Ryanair.
- What is the currency in Dublin? The currency in the Republic of Ireland is the Euro.
- What language do they speak in Dublin? The two principal languages spoken in Ireland are English and Irish.
- What is the emergency number in Dublin? The two emergency numbers in Ireland are 112 and 999. Both are free of charge to call.
- What plug sockets are used in Dublin? Dublin uses type G power plugs and sockets, this is the same as in the UK.
Planning a holiday to another European city?
We have further travel and insurance advice for the following popular cities in Europe.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.