Big January Giveaway - Click Here For More Details
Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance Prague
With over a millennia of history to its name, Prague sits as the capital city of the Czech Republic and is widely known as the "city of one hundred spires".
After London, Paris and Rome, Prague is the fourth most visited city in Europe. For a culturally enriching experience from the former centre of Bohemia you'd be a fool for not venturing to this iconic city in eastern Europe. Or, if you're there to sample its world-famous Czech beer† then in our eyes that's a perfectly valid reason too!
Choosing the right policy for you
Like with all European cities, it is still important to take out a travel insurance policy to cover you and to safeguard your holiday in case something happens along the way. While no one wants to be in the position where you have to claim on your policy, it gives you that added peace of mind to know that you have that safety net should you need to use it.
Make sure your Czech city break is protected with a comprehensive and trustworthy insurance policy. Depending on the total cost of your holiday plus the nature of your trip, you can get a great single-trip plan from *
Visiting Prague and Brexit
Until 31 October 2019, we have no concrete answers to what kind of deal (... if any) the UK takes with the EU. Whatever happens, having a comprehensive travel insurance policy under your belt will help you avoid any Brexit-related disruptions, such as unwanted medical charges or scheduled airline failure. However, to learn more about how Brexit will affect travel insurance policies click here for a thorough read.
Top tips for visiting Prague
Prague is a vibrant and historical city bursting with sightseeing opportunities and an interesting past. These top tips will help you to make the most of your experience whilst staying safe.
1. Prague Castle
- With large grounds containing historical wonders such as Golden Lane, Prague Castle is a collaboration of many different architectural styles such as Gothic and Renaissance, giving the castle its uniqueness.
2. Prague Astronomical clock
- Crowds gather beneath the astronomical clock on the hour, waiting for its intricate display of the twelve apostles, a beautiful artwork from the middle ages.
3. The Strahov Monastery
- If you love books, this 11th-century monastery will fill all your literary needs whilst abroad, with decadent shelve-lined walls and dusty tomes that you could only previously imagine.
4. The Lennon Wall
The John Lennon wall has been used for protest art since 1948, and now displays colourful graffiti in the shape of peace slogans and song lyrics.
5. Kafka Museum
This museum is as strange as its namesake, with interactive exhibitions and collections of Kafka's letter from his turbulent adulthood.
What is the best time to visit Prague?
Although Prague's weather is generally cold, the best time to visit would be either side of the summer, in April-June and September-October as the summer months are extremely crowded, especially in the tourist areas.
Is EHIC valid in Prague?
EHICs are valid in Prague to the level of a citizen of the Czech Republic. However, you must ensure that you understand what treatments are free and what must be done under private health care by contacting the emergency 24hr number: +44 (0) 203 824 0653. You can make sure that you are covered for pre-existing medical conditions and other travel concerns by taking out travel insurance, allowing you to have financial protection in an emergency.
Is Prague a safe place to travel to?
Prague is a generally safe place to travel to. However, like most European cities, there is a risk of petty crimes such as pickpockets, especially in crowded tourist areas.
Which city are you travelling to?
Looking for more specific travel and insurance information on a particular European city? Take a look at our in-depth city guides...
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.