Loading, please wait...
Lapland Travel Insurance
with prices starting from *
Lapland may sound like a dream, but visiting this remote area of the Arctic circle is a not so distant reality, and perfect for those that love to experience Christmas cheer during the festive months.
Choosing the right insurance plan for you
Once you've booked your holiday in a winter wonderland, you will probably be thinking what about travel insurance to make sure you're completely safe in case of any worst-case scenarios. Giving you that added peace of mind is our top priority, so you have more time to plan your snowy excursions.
We like to keep things straightforward and uncomplicated. At Holiday Extras, we have a hassle-free approach to our work and we feel that the same principles should be applied to when you buy holiday insurance. We have just two policies, with four levels of cover: single-trip or annual multi-trip insurance; bronze, silver, gold and platinum.
Unless you think you'll be making multiple trips a year to Lapland, the general consensus of holidaymakers take out a single trip policy. Depending on a number of variables, the total cost of your holiday being one, you can pick the policy you feel is most suitable for your trip:
|Personal money, Passport,|
What is there to do in Lapland at Christmas?
One of the most exciting things to do in Lapland at Christmas is visit Santa's village, a purpose-built village where Santa officially gets ready for Christmas. The grounds include Santa's post office, where Santa receives letters from hopeful children, and Santa's office, where children can meet Santa himself.
Not far from there is Santa's Park, an underground amusement park where the theme is Christmas, popular with adults and children alike. The perfect way to round off a day exploring Santa's village is with a reindeer or husky ride around some of Lapland's snow-covered national parks.
For any Scrooges, there is the opportunity to see the Northern lights, and in December you have an extremely high chance of seeing this bucket list vision on cold, wintry nights. Additionally, there are also numerous ski resorts in Lapland that can cater to all your extreme sports needs, in some of the most wintry landscapes that you could wish for. When taking part in extreme sports, you must ensure that you have a good travel insurance policy in case of injury or accident.
How cold is Lapland in December?
Lapland is particularly cold in December, averaging at -6 degrees Celsius, with highs of -3 and lows of -9. The temperatures drop drastically during the evenings, and so you should take extra precautions and dress for the weather at night.
Do I need a visa to visit Lapland?
You do not need a visa to enter Lapland; a passport will suffice as long as your stay is less than 3 months.
Visiting Lapland is simple and yet could give you a bucket list experience that will remind you of snowy days, thrilling husky rides and Christmas cheer.
Click to learn more about travel insurance for Lapland.
Which city are you travelling to..?
Looking for more specific travel and insurance information on a particular european city? Take a look at our in-depth city guides...
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.